Sign in to follow this  
Ron Lefebvre

G1000 FLC Key and VS Key

Hi again,

This might not be the place to ask, but it's using the G1000 of the Bonanza G36.in FS2020

Don't know if I am doing something wrong or not with the FLC and VS key on a climb.

If I turn on and use the FLC, it works fine but the vertical speed is in the thousands

If I use the VS then the FLC seems to turn off and vice versa.

Am I supposed to be able to use both at the same time.

Ron

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

FLC sets your climb airspeed. VS sets your rate of climb feet per minute.

MSFS seems to be slow to respond to FLC, so it tends to hunt for the airspeed. Best to make or change the setting slowly when you're in the air, and when enabling, it's best to be fairly close to your desired airspeed.

• Upvote 1

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

When you press FLC (Flight leave change)the aircraft will try to keep the speed of the aircraft when you pressed FLC and pitch the aircraft to keep that speed.

VS, (Vertical speed) is you set with the plus and minus keys your rate of climb or descent, e.g you set +500FPM (feet per minute) and the speed of the aircraft can increase or decrease depending of the performance of the aircraft. Decent and unless you have auto throttle you need to bring back power.

You cannot use them together as they are two different flight modes.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Pilots are taught to use VS only for descents. FLC is used for climbs.

I am trimming the plane to climb speed/desired speed manually first and then activate FLC. This prevents the sim from oscillating while trying to capture the apropriate VS.

• Upvote 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

thanks everybody

Ron

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

14 hours ago, PuffeB said:

Here is a good tutorial on YT

I suspect quite a few items are wrong about this simulation (I don't have FS2020 yet), first thing which is very obvious that is wong is the lack of the Flight Path Vector on the PFD. Pilots use it very frequently, I use it during turns or for landing, great tool but clearly it is missing from this implementation.