Sign in to follow this  
Skybus2000

Display problem

I don't see you mentioning what resolution you're running? Might not be optimal for your monitor. Try changing resolution to a lower one same aspect ratio and see if the corruption is still there. If so try a different aspect ratio. Sorry if you've tried this, it would just be the first thing I would try. You can also try running in a window and resizing the screen to see if the problem goes away or changes during this. It would annoy the heck out of me for sure so good luck! 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

4 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

I don't see you mentioning what resolution you're running? Might not be optimal for your monitor. Try changing resolution to a lower one same aspect ratio and see if the corruption is still there. If so try a different aspect ratio. Sorry if you've tried this, it would just be the first thing I would try. You can also try running in a window and resizing the screen to see if the problem goes away or changes during this. It would annoy the heck out of me for sure so good luck! 

Hi

Thank you very much for response, please forgive my ignorance but how do I change the resolution in Win7? and aspect ratio?

Many thanks 🙂

• Upvote 1

Within FSX in the settings menu, one can set the display resolution 1280 x 1024 etc. etc it should list the resolutions that are available for your setup. The aspect ratio is the screen width divided by the screen height. In the strict sense that means that 1280 x 1024 has an aspect ratio of 1.25. Therefore a lower resolution having the same aspect ratio might be 1024 x 820 if that actually exists, but hopefully you get the idea.

If you wanted to change the resolution in Win 7 itself, which can be different to the resolution selected in the sim!, then just right click on the desktop, then click on "Screen resolution" and have at it.

• Upvote 2

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

24 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

Within FSX in the settings menu, one can set the display resolution 1280 x 1024 etc. etc it should list the resolutions that are available for your setup. The aspect ratio is the screen width divided by the screen height. In the strict sense that means that 1280 x 1024 has an aspect ratio of 1.25. Therefore a lower resolution having the same aspect ratio might be 1024 x 820 if that actually exists, but hopefully you get the idea.

If you wanted to change the resolution in Win 7 itself, which can be different to the resolution selected in the sim!, then just right click on the desktop, then click on "Screen resolution" and have at it.

Thanks for explaining that, my post was late night here and somewhat brief! Worth noting that you can't actually select the aspect ratio manually, it's a product of horizontal and vertical pixel counts. The reason this may make a difference is you are compressing or stretching the horizontal width when the aspect ratio changes and this may be where your problem is. Check first of all your desktop resolution. Then make sure the fsx resolution is EXACTLY the same. Windows is supposed to allow them to be different and it mostly works well but certain graphic cards combined with certain resolutions sometimes produce the problem you are seeing if you look closely. 

Also try changing the dpi of your windows display. This is responsible for the way text and icons are displayed. Make sure it is set to 100 to start with. This is the native setting for your selected resolution. You can right click on the desktop and change it from there. 

Edited by sloppysmusic
  • Upvote 2

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

To set expectations I have no solution for you.  But if you line up the distortion with a straight edge I would suggest that the display is rendered as two triangles and the left hand one is raised up and to the right by one pixel.  I can think of no  explanation for this.  What happens if you make fsx be windowed rather than full screen or undock the display?

Edited by SteveFx
  • Upvote 1

Well firstly a big thanks to all who have replied, I honestly really appreciate it your time.

I use FSX in Windowed Mode and never full screen.

I have tried the resolution setting in Win7 but unfortunately the problem still displays, I think it might actually be an issue with the manufacturer of the graphics card? But I may be wrong. (AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series) I’m using.

window resolution is 1280x1024