Sign in to follow this  
tommygavin2

Great graphics unflyable aircraft

13 minutes ago, Keto Ketchup said:

Normally AP works for me, but yesterday it went nuts for some reason. When I engaged it, it tried to go full vertical like a rocket. This wasn't a trim issue either, as the "follow me" arrow was like straight up for whatever reason... Perhaps it was operator error, but I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything different than the dozens of other times I've used AP successfully.

Based on your avatar picture Doctor, you weren't flying your TARDIS were you? 🤣

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

9 minutes ago, Keto Ketchup said:

When I engaged it, it tried to go full vertical like a rocket....

Admittedly I haven't used the sim too much (though most of that on autopilot :) ) but I haven't seen such extreme behaviour, though it seems many have.  It does seem very sensitive to prior conditions, such as pausing or rate changes, or being engaged without a pre-selected mode.  Certainly lacks polish.

Edited by lzamm

1 hour ago, Keto Ketchup said:

Normally AP works for me, but yesterday it went nuts for some reason. When I engaged it, it tried to go full vertical like a rocket. This wasn't a trim issue either, as the "follow me" arrow was like straight up for whatever reason... Perhaps it was operator error, but I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything different than the dozens of other times I've used AP successfully.

That happened to me for the first time just yesterday as I was coaxing the C172 over the Grand Tetons and ATC was asking me to expedite the climb to 14,000.  Tried cycling the FD and ALT hold but no go.  I shut the AP off and hand flew for 15 minutes and then tried again on the other side of the mountains at 12,000 and it was working fine again. . Coulda maybe been user error but I'm gonna keep an eye on it (and see how the AP in the steam-gauge C172 behaves). 

Edited by Stoopy

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Problem Solved,  After reloading game and 5 days of frustration it came to me.  The only thing it could be if nobody else had this problem would have to be an outlying issue.  It was.  Turns out my CH Yoke had some kind of conflict in my mapping. For unknown reasons MSFS recognizes almost every piece of input hardware except CH Eclipse yoke and rudders.  I redid it very carefully one thing at at a time until I got it right. All is good now, thanks for your input.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tommygavin2 said:

Problem Solved,  After reloading game and 5 days of frustration it came to me.  The only thing it could be if nobody else had this problem would have to be an outlying issue.  It was.  Turns out my CH Yoke had some kind of conflict in my mapping. For unknown reasons MSFS recognizes almost every piece of input hardware except CH Eclipse yoke and rudders.  I redid it very carefully one thing at at a time until I got it right. All is good now, thanks for your input.

That's great enjoy, it's a lot of fun

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K