Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Fly over of Port Charlotte, Florida at Ultra (Plus)

Left mouse click twice on each pic to bring it up to full resolution.

Screenshot-646.png

Screenshot-647.png

Screenshot-648.png

Screenshot-649.png

Screenshot-650.png

Screenshot-651.png

Screenshot-652.png

Screenshot-653.png

Screenshot-654.png

Screenshot-655.png

Screenshot-656.png

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 3

Just wanted to say...that I picked up the recently released Orbx TE-Florida release.  For what platform it was released on...it runs, I think, the best of all the T.E. products for P3D.  I get no blurs, no roads deteriorating to jaggies,  you know folks...all that most have gotten, or will get with FSX or P3D.  Such is life...but this product, no such thing.  Glad to report the visuals remain crisp no matter where over the State...and for minutes to hours per session.  I bought it, because I am not going to be NOT using P3D, for all the investment in 3rd P over the years..and I really like the water nVidia WaterWorks Engine v2.0, and that was truly the impetus for buying the purchase.  For my Amphib water taxi, take-off and landing...that is why I bought Orbx T.E. Florida within P3D for...nothing else.

Having typed all that....and having told the reader that I am not trashing P3D...but will continue to use it alongside MSFS,  I have to tell ya...with flying over Port Charlotte that you see here, in MSFS set to Ultra, and then flying the same ( I did this last night for a direct A/B/ comparison  of 'ortho' real life depiction products with P3D v5HF2, at full right in all Graphic and Feature slides, including E.A.,....I have to tell ya...P3D is soooooooooo multi-decades dated,  so tired looking...and so obviously a fabricated and synthetic portrayal of what's truly below the wing.  Nothing....absolutely NOTHING like what you see here...and that is the thrust of it.  I see it now this way...and is a personal viewpoint...

If you want to fly  at over 7,500 feet to infinity,  in a tube,  then P3D will fit the bill, for what do you really see at the FL's?  Nothing...quilted patchwork fields, but nothing like you see here in the shots above. So...for those that want to Role Play, being a career P.I.C. of a tubeliner with simulated depth cockpits, ...P3D works for the mission.

If you want to see visual details...installations,  superstructure of any kind...and you want it to look real...not just autogen slapped onto those fields and 'burbs...then it's MSFS all the way.  NOTHING...can touch what you see above...nothing...not P3D, not XP11 even with Ortho, purchased or self-made...nothing.  MSFS has killed off all competition for VFR flights...7,500 feet or lower.   MSFS has...no competition.  Doesn't need to....for you can buy it and run it alongside your 'study session' P.I.C. role playing career, using P3D, or XP11.x

So, all is good..but for those that feel the Orbx True Earth product series for P3D/FSX/XP11,  comes even close to the above....well...ok...that's their prerogative to think so...and purchase in that light.

I'm running both Orbx T.E. Florida, and just stock...(what a concept...the above as stock LOLOLOLOL)  MSFS Florida Depiction at Ultra,....and T.E. Florida, can't hold a sputtering candle to the above.  It just shows how dated and old, the inherent visual technology of P3D looks...to mimic the Real World...when now seen through the eye lens of 2020 MSFS.

My personal thoughts in play.....

Edited by Sesquashtoo

It's no contest for the Pilotage Pilot like me.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

22 minutes ago, DJJose said:

It's no contest for the Pilotage Pilot like me.

Ok, Jose...I bite...what is a 'Pilotage Pilot', like you?!??  🙂

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Ok, Jose...I bite...what is a 'Pilotage Pilot', like you?!??  🙂

http://wiki.flightgear.org/Pilotage_and_dead_reckoning#:~:text=Pilotage%20is%20the%20art%20of,and%20an%20initial%20known%20position.

35 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Just visited the link...very interesting...well...I guess that you could label me the same...after reading that.  Thanks for the link!

My pleasure.

13 minutes ago, SP2472 said:

Nice, loving the MSFS2020 pics... 

There hasn't been anything like this...in over 40 years! 🙂   Having a blast with it...the next place after lunch...is FVFA to see Victoria Falls!  Can't wait!  This sim, has created a Virtual 'see from the air'  World Tourist!!!  We badly need helo's... 🙂

Edited by Sesquashtoo