Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cindy_Zoonan

I've figured it out, concerning the FSX defenders!!!

Guest KrazyIvan

Chris, you've been unhappy with FSX since well before it was released. You've been complaining about everything you found out about the program, and now because people are daring to disagree with you, you are attacking all those people as "yes-men".Hey, here's a thought...maybe those people telling you that they like FSX actually like FSX! It's not impossible, and it's not blind. There is no conspiracy, and there is no relationships here...just people that are enjoying a new program. The fact that you don't enjoy it doesn't change that fact, nor does it make everyone else wrong.You have been sitting there comparing FSX to FS9 with all the add-ons...essentially "tweaks" from some of the best 3rd party developers over the course of 3 years, and yet you claim that Flight Simulator should look better "out of the box"? If that's true, you should delete all those add-ons you're using immediately! There's no reason you should have to pay extra money for FS9 to look good! By your own logic, it should look good out of the box, right? Or at least run fine. Well, if you turn the sliders down to minimum on FSX, it will run fine on some pretty slow systems...the problems start when people don't want to turn down the sliders. The sim will run fine "out of the box"...as long as you can get over all the eye candy being missing. But, hey...eye candy never meant anything to you, did it?Your arguments against FSX have changed from month to month, and yet your condemnation of FSX has remained the same. Every time an argument is countered, you find yet another reason to hate the program. In the end, the whole reason you hate the program is because it's not FS9. Well, you're right, Chris. It's not FS9. It is a brand new version still within a month of its release, not a fully mature sim. You have every right to stay with FS9 and ignore the fact that FSX has been released. But you are not going to be able to change the fact that some people like FSX, and you will not be able to stop the progress of people to FSX. Just because you don't personally agree with the direction that FSX has gone in does not make you the public spokesman for the community.-Ivan

Guest JIMJAM

Well put me down as one of those who is just happy that MS even bothered releasing another version.Ive been involved in simming since day 1.My first sim was f-19 from Microprose and if I remember I had a mighty 286 running a then unheard of 16 mhz.Ran like **** till I got a 25 mhz proccessor.That was the glory days when flight sims were a developers flagship product and the shelves were full of flight sims. Now the flight sims has all but gone extinct.The PC section which once took up entire stores has shrunk to being one floor display. If you are lucky.Before long, PC games will be kept under the counter in a dusty box and you will need to ask to see it.

Guest koorby

Er, let's put things in perspective here folks.. MS sells about 3 million + copies of each FS during its 3-year lifecyle - that's a gross revenue of $210 million dollars.Now to run the ACES studio for 3 years with about 45 staff on say $100,000 salary each before bonuses, plus a 100% markup for building costs, source data, bonuses, equipment - it costs MS about $30 million to produce FSX. Now add a $20m marketing budget.Do the maths: $210m - $30m - $20m = net profit of $160m for FSX.Nice. I don't think MS will be cancelling the franchise in a hurry people :)(Note: these dollar figures are all a guestimate, but I'd venture to say not too far off the mark)

Guest Len

I've been coming to this forum a lot lately, to learn more about FS X and to help others with (usefull) posts. But it seems every hour or so someone has to take the spot, his minute of fame, bashing FS X, Aces, MS or whatever. If you don't like the game, than get the **** out of here PLEASE! If you really need to get it of your chest, mail MS or Aces but don't bother me with your nonsensWhat, are you trying to defend a multi-billion dollar company from some poor joe-shloe who spends his hard earned money and his new system only to find the thing isn't even cut out for the latest hardware? And if you don't like the heat you can get the &*^*&*&%*& out of the kitchen (Avsim) yourself. He didn't attack you in any way and yet you felt it necessary to attack him and his post. Take a chill pill pal.

Guest tdragger

>You should be aware that ACES has exactly zero input into>Microsoft's marketing strategy. ACES is a development team>that was formed for this particular project, and will probably>not be the team that has anything to do with the next version>given normal turnover and a multiyear product cycle.I normally hate been blunt but you couldn't be more wrong. It's the same team, by-and-large, that's worked on many past versions and we're still here. We also worked closely on our marketing strategy--pretty much defined it, in fact. Please stop posting such nonsense.

Guest tdragger

>In case you have NOT noticed - tdragger has "left" the ACES>team - NOW - as an ex employee of a certain company there is>NO WAY would I suggest that this is in any way tied to his>candid comments on a Blog that has mysteriously become a>SECURE SITE with NO FURTHER COMMENTS ACCEPTED - absolutely>TOTAL COINCIDENCE>>From experience of the papers that I personally had to sign ->there is absolutely NO WAY that we will EVER be able to>identify tdragger ever again (unless of course he wishes to>lose his House, Manhood, Career {thats stuffed anyway})>because he will be dragged by the tail through every court>system in the land for the next ??? years because he was>unfortunately HONEST - THE COMPANY cannot afford to have>Honest people working for it - they upset the LawyersOzzie, get a grip. I haven't left Microsoft. I just took on a new role. I even have the same office. Sheesh.

Guest tdragger

Quite right, Vic. My whole point in blogging was to provide insights for you--the customer. It hasn't been about personal acclaim. That's why I disabled comments--to discourage the "thanks and so long" posts. I'm pleased that you have found my insights useful but I'm happy to accept your silent praise. Now something else needs my full attention. In time, hopefully I can share what that is...because I'm finding it even more interesting than FS, a fact that suprises even me.

Guest tdragger

>TDragger left the Flight Sim team in the Aces Studio. That is>all that is true in the post I am replying to.>>He is now part of another sim team within the Aces Studio. He>has not gone anywhere, he has not been silenced, and his new>assignment is his choice.I didn't even move offices!! ;)>Please, lets stop this.What he said.

Guest bj00rn

I started reading the avsim forums a long time ago, and I started reading it for getting useful info, tips and important news. But this forum is now just pure garbage thanks to the mindless ####-fest you and your usual suspects are injecting into the forum, and I'm frankly sick of it. We heard you guys the first million times, but still you keep on repeating the same regurgitated crap day in and day out. Stop the madness, please!

The whole premise of this thread is so idiotic, that I won't even waste time to read all the replies.Geeze, some people must be so tight with their penneys, that they think we'd sell our soul for a $60.00 program. Just plain absurd!L.Adamson

Guest CyberSimmer

I've only just recently joined the Flight Sim world with FS9 about 2yrs. ago after my Bro introduced me to the PC after he upgraded his and gave me some of his old hardware. What a mut of a PC I ended up with its (Intel Celeron Processor , 512mb of ram , Nvidia 6800GT AGP video card , 4200rpm 80G Harddrive) But I gotta say I never had any of the probs. running FS9 out of the box as described with some posts regarding FSX with systems that would cripple my current one!It seems that every new version of FS coincides with a new version of Windows and DX! Anyone see a pattern here? So for those of you who choose to feed the monster and boast about how great Tweak FSX! Boast about how you managed to get 28-30 fps in that new Ultra Light by all means go on ahead! Every community needs its sucker's and if not for them when it does time that I feel a need to upgrade my PC the hardware will be much cheaper!As far as wether or not ACES and Microsoft ever release another version of FS , I could give 2 ***** If this is the crap they end up releasing! And yes I did just call FSX crap! Some other company will just come along to fulfull our flight simming needs and quite possibly do a much better job of it without ulterior motives other than makeing some money off a good product!I should add that I have not purchased FSX as much as I would of liked to and at this point and time I dont feel the need to blow $70. these posts are enough for me especially when others with systems that would cripple mine are complaining about FSX! And strange enough I can run everyother new title just fine including Oblivion! CyberSimmerASUS P4800SE moboIntel P4 3.4Nvidia 6800GT AGP 256Mb2 gigs Corsair DDR400 Dual Channel Ram2x Maxtor 7200rpm 80g Hardrives

>Wow, nice remark there buddy. I suppose you're hoping to be>banned?:-rollYes Orlaam, that's exactly it.My remark has absolutely nothing to do with how disgusted I am to see people like Chris repeatedly post such utter tripe. It has nothing to do with my exasperation at how quickly this forum has been going down the proverbial toilet lately because of all these bitter FSX-bashers.

Guest Binncott

Okay first off, I do not have FSX, but I have seen and read all the various threads and posts.As an "outsider" perhaps you will permit me some comments;1) I notice (with very very few exceptions) that those who declare themselves happy with FSX, have what one would be fair to call fairly good PC specs, 3gb this, dual core that yadda yadda.2) A visit to Microsoft FSX site gives the following system requirements 1Ghz processor, 256MB RAM, 32MB Video Card.3) Did anyone (really anyone) actually get FSX to run on the above system?4) On many Flightsim forums, I have seen numerous posts from FSX supporters to the effect that MS is aimed at the wider market and not Flightsim enthusiasts. Okay fair comment. But did MS/Aces or whoever made the decision actually consider little John Doe turning up at PC World with his cash, looking at the box and reckoning "Yeah I'll buy that, because system requirements match or are slightly less than the system I have" Man is he going to be disappointed and what does that say about the developers' customer relations?5) I have also seen numerous posts/tweaks/fixes with "Turn the autogen level down or Turn the AI level down" Folks they are not fixes nor are they really tweaks. What they do however, is permit a very poor piece of software to work on medium machines (said medium machines which, remember have specs well above what MS claimed were required) Again from MS site;"Flight Simulator X immerses you in a beautifully rich and realistic world, with dozens of aircraft"If you cannot fly in a beautifully rich environment with dozens of aircraft then FSX has failed to deliver. Oh and let's not forget that with Project AI, World of AI, Evolve AI etc lots of users are trying to emulate real world conditions with real life traffic. By the sounds of it they haven't got a chance with FSX.Thanks for allowing me to post my thoughtsBC

Guest RGH

Hi Jim.I am happy for you,you must be one of the lucky ones!and I am not involving anyone else I appoligise for the we it should read I.I have just had over one hour in a flight down the grand canyon with the sliders set 50%or mid.I had a steady 33FPS all the way very very nice. But should I take this cessna into Heathrow and taxi it around, the FPS will drop to low double figures and the blurrs and jerks will startand that is on settings that don't even show all the hangers,let alone the rest of the eye candy I paid to see,in normal use and there is no way of getting it better without turning off what I paid to use.No matter what anyone says they have supplied a product that will not do what it is advetised to do,both on the pack it comes in and the pre release adverts as well.That to me is unaccepable and I hope that Microsoft aces comes up with a fix,in the next couple of months,until then I WILL enjoy this simm by flying it in the wastelands of the world.Best regardsRex.