Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cindy_Zoonan

I've figured it out, concerning the FSX defenders!!!

Guest Logan826

wasted dribble ??? The the sad part is the guy is dead on for not owning it. I am one of the lucky ones, who after fighting the activation thing and the install problems, can run this. But by all means the guys is right about his observation for the average pc user. So don't spit out crap like this unless you have something useful to say. It's people like you that clutter these theads with stupid one liners that mean ####.

>I have just had over one hour in a flight down the grand>canyon with the sliders set 50%or mid.I had a steady 33FPS all>the way very very nice. But should I take this cessna into>Heathrow and taxi it around, the FPS will drop to low double>figures and the blurrs and jerks will start>and that is on settings that don't even show all the>hangers,let alone the rast of the eye candy I paid to see,in>normal use and there is no >way of getting it better without turning off what I paid to>use.>No matter what anyone says they have supplied a product that>will not do what it is advetised to do,both on the pack it>comes in and the pre release adverts as well.Listen to yourself. You have 20,000+ airports and God knows how many square miles of world to fly in, yet you load up perhaps the busiest and most structurally developed airport on the planet, and THAT's the basis on which you judge the entire package? Your PC can't handle the most demanding parts of the virtual world (even if the other 96% of it runs fine), and somehow Microsoft lied to you? Am I the only one who finds any lunacy whatsoever in this logic?Let's get something straight here....unless Microsoft specifically stated on the packaging that with the minimum or even recommended hardware you would be able to run the sim at full detail, you have not been lied to, and nothing has been misrepresented. You ASSUMED that because you met the hardware requirements, that you should therefore be able to enjoy the sim with all options enabled and all sliders maxed, at whatever arbitrary FPS level you deem acceptable. Apparently you and many other people assumed incorrectly.Could FSX be less of a resource hog? I'm sure. Could it have been optimized further? No doubt. However in my opinion, anyone who has spent any amount of time on this planet playing PC games should have SOME realistic expectations about what their PC can and cannot handle. Anyone who frequents this forum has even less of an excuse to be surprised given the performance track record of every other FS version at launch. Bad coding or optimization can only account for so much before a user must realize and more importantly accept that they simply don't have the power to run a game well.These conspiracy theories are really getting out of hand.

Guest Binncott

Excuse me? Exactly who do you think you are?A forum is for a fair and open exchange of points of view, there have been several posts on this thread regarding slipping standards of post content.Congratulations you just brought it down another notch.BC

>wasted dribble ??? The the sad part is the guy is dead on for>not owning it. I am one of the lucky ones, who after fighting>the activation thing and the install problems, can run this.>But by all means the guys is right about his observation for>the average pc user. So don't spit out crap like this unless>you have something useful to say. It's people like you that>clutter these theads with stupid one liners that mean ####.>:-violin :-violin :-violin L.Adamson

>Excuse me? Exactly who do you think you are?>>A forum is for a fair and open exchange of points of view,>there have been several posts on this thread regarding>slipping standards of post content.>>Congratulations you just brought it down another notch.>:-violin :-violin :-violin :-violin Seriously...Isn't it a waste of time, to read all these "I don't own FSX, but"...Think about it.L.Adamson

Guest Logan826

What are you, like 12 ??? If so your actions are understood and I am sorry for attacking you. I don't pick on childern.

Guest dutton

Did you get what you wanted Chris? Trolling for another waste of bandwidth. You post this kind of junk then walk away. What's up with that??? Sorry, but we are also entitled to our opinions as you. I love FSX, I am just under 100 hours on it and have not once loaded up FS9. I CAN put things into perspective. FSX is put together well and this is not based on 20 + years of flight simming but also on a real world commercial license.Do this, Chris... go buy a copy first. Just so tired of your trolling topics and posts. You add nothing to these forums, at least in view of FSX so stick with the FS9 forum bud. When you get FSX,come on back. I am sure all of the a really excited user will welcome you with open arms. Like you, I am entitled to MY opinion too. Stop calling me a a really excited user and go buy a copy of FSX so your position can somewhat more respectable.Funny how he never comes back and carries on a disccusion. Just drops and runs.

>Funny how he never comes back and carries on a disccusion.>Just drops and runs. If something possessed me to start a thread like this and sign my name to it, I would also disappear....in shame.

Guest thedoggg

What's this? Free speech is out of hand?Carlos

Guest Binncott

>:-violin :-violin :-violin :-violin >>Seriously...>>Isn't it a waste of time, to read all these "I don't own FSX,>but"...>>Think about it.>>L.AdamsonSomeone (I think Oscar Wilde) once said;"Tis better to remain quiet and appear stupid, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"If you want to comment constructively on my thoughts, then please do, but so far all you have done is prove the quote.BC

>What are you, like 12 ??? If so your actions are understood>and I am sorry for attacking you. I don't pick on childern.More like 55; have been around here for around here for around 14 years, and am watching this forum go downhill fast. I don't need to read constant testimonials from those who don't own FSX, yet make a vain attempt to tell me why I shouldn't like it, that it's crap and so on. I also find it very embarrasing to be part of a forum where developers, beta testers, and just those who enjoy the program, are now fitted with names such as a really excited user's, idiots or just being dillusional.No, I believe I'm much to grown up for this forum...I honestly feel like it's become a kiddie school around here. L.Adamson

Guest FxF3

It seems like everytime the board gets quite somebody will go off on a FSX bash thread.

>It seems like everytime the board gets quite somebody will go>off on a FSX bash thread.That's what children do when they want attention.I agree wholeheartedly with LAdamson. It seems like overnight this community of intelligent and cordial adults suddenly became an XBox360 forum.

>>:-violin :-violin :-violin :-violin >>>>Seriously...>>>>Isn't it a waste of time, to read all these "I don't own>FSX,>>but"...>>>>Think about it.>>>>L.Adamson>>Someone (I think Oscar Wilde) once said;>>"Tis better to remain quiet and appear stupid, than to open>one's mouth and remove all doubt">>If you want to comment constructively on my thoughts, then>please do, but so far all you have done is prove the quote.>>BC>No, I'd be wasting my time. There are plenty of postings from us who like FSX for one reason or another, along with CPU specs; including those from myself. If you want to ignore the positive posting/replies, while at the same time attempting to make a valid claim regarding FSX as a non-owner, then it's really not worth the time reading.L.Adamson

Guest Logan826

In respect, i can fully agree with you. Although everyone is entitled to their opinion as this is an open forum. But you or I making stupid comments doesn't make the problem go away. I just feel unless the post is just out right stupid ie: "I have a 1.0 ghz and a 64meg gpu and I can't turn the sliders all the way to the right, this game sucks" shy of that, Then anyone should be allowed to post his/her opinion without being attack. You have to admitt, yes this sim runs, does it run great and as advertised, #### no. Dan