Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Quoting full posts in their entirety

I wonder if we can have some sort of "campaign" to encourage members NOT to quote an entire post, only the relevant part they wish to comment on or draw attention to? We are talking the lengthy posts here of course..

I am seeing more and more of this occurrence recently. I am viewing AVSIM on my PC and not a mobile device so I can rapidly scroll down pas the post, but still, it would be nice not to have to do that on a frequent basis.

It would save the mods a bit of time I think not having to edit lengthy requotes...

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

On 9/21/2020 at 9:21 AM, HighBypass said:

It would save the mods a bit of time I think not having to edit lengthy requotes...

^^^^^ This precisely ^^^^^

I've tried hard to teach folks to use the alternative quote function to simply highlight the sentence or two they wish to quote for the sake of continuity, then use the popup window to "Quote selection" but few if any understand this neat feature!

GvlVu.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

On 9/22/2020 at 3:19 PM, n4gix said:

this neat feature!

This is a very neat feature.  I love it

I am glad that you have posted your thread with a great screenshot! I am sure it help other members on here.  I have been using this feature for quite some time.

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)