Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Think I’m going to try out airliners this weekend.

So I’ve been using Msfs strictly for GA flying, Think Im going to try my hand at an attempt to fly the A320 or 787 this weekend.. I’m aware these are not anywhere near what is offered in p3d, but will the default 320 or 787 get me from point A to point B with not too much frustration? Or would I be wasting my time more than anything.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I've been loving the airliners, the 787 is beautifully modelled as is the 320 - the laser scanning really is an impressive tech.

All three of them are perfectly flyable, at least for me they are. The 787 makes me think that it would be such a waste of the effort spent on modelling them if they didn't get around to finishing them - so there's hope on the horizon.

You won't like the VS during climb and decent in the Boeings but the FLCH works very adequately.

• Like 2

Mike Beckwith

I don't have the 787 ... but IMHO the A320 is way more flyable than the B747. Be sure to get the A32NX mod for it though, as it adds a fair few avionics features and fixes the APU bug introduced by the MS update.

Plan your route in the flight planner screen and it'll automatically be copied into the MCDU.

• Like 2

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

I’ve had quite a few enjoyable flights with the a320.  They are not fully wonderful, but also are not as bad as some on here are making them out to be.  Just be ready to intervene if some weirdness happens.  I also use the a320 mod, which makes things a bit nicer as well.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

So I’ve been using Msfs strictly for GA flying, Think Im going to try my hand at an attempt to fly the A320 or 787 this weekend.. I’m aware these are not anywhere near what is offered in p3d, but will the default 320 or 787 get me from point A to point B with not too much frustration? Or would I be wasting my time more than anything.

I kind of followed your path.  I did a few flights in the A320 a couple days ago and was able to get from point A to point B very nicely using the equipment.  I still way prefer just flying the C152 for pleasure, but it really wasn't that frustrating to do the airliner.

• Like 1

I haven’t tried the mod...does it accurately model fbw? A good test would be can you stall the aircraft, in other words does the fmc protect against a dangerous aoa?

Thanks for the insight, I think I’ll give it a try, I’ve never actually “planned” a flight in msfs yet, I’ll do as recommended above and plan through the flight planner in hopes it will make it easier to use the MCDU 

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

18 minutes ago, LarryD said:

I kind of followed your path.  I did a few flights in the A320 a couple days ago and was able to get from point A to point B very nicely using the equipment.  I still way prefer just flying the C152 for pleasure, but it really wasn't that frustrating to do the airliner.

Like you I truly do enjoy the 152 very much as well. For myself, It gives me good immersion and really takes me back to the days when I use to fly IRL back in college. 

27 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I don't have the 787 ... but IMHO the A320 is way more flyable than the B747. Be sure to get the A32NX mod for it though, as it adds a fair few avionics features and fixes the APU bug introduced by the MS update.

Plan your route in the flight planner screen and it'll automatically be copied into the MCDU.

Where do we download this mod from?