Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Any Tankers in the Atlantic?

Anyone see the ships in the shipping lanes like FSX was supposed to have? I haven't seen any ships MOVING at the major ports in the US....there's a lot of ships floating there, but not moving. I was under the impression that they were supposed to be moving across the oceans???

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On specific routes. I think they said "150 routes worldwide" which really isn't much density if you think about the size of the whole world.Anyway, yesterday I was flying over northern Lake Michigan, and I saw a car ferry, and it was moving south-southwest at a slow speed. But it definetly definitly? (I can't spell today) was moving.Only flown 1 flight across the Atlantic so I really haven't looked hard yet. My ships slider is only on 50%..RhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (94.47), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I put the shipping sliders on 100 percent and didn't see so much as a liferaft in the English Channel when I went for a look. Which is kind of silly when you take into account the fact that it is one of the busiest shipping lanes in the entire world, and if that were not enough, it was the focus of one of early aviation's biggest challenges until Louis Bleriot made the trip over it.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here