Sign in to follow this  
Guest 3rett11

default 777 gauges into FSX

Guest 3rett11

ive searched hours for this answer and this is my last resort. ive got a couple planes ive put together in fs9 that use the default 777-300.gau gauges. i really dont want to lose these planes. so if this is possible any help or direction would be big time appreciated....... thanx and sorry in advance if the answer is already in here. i really did look for it first.brett

>ive searched hours for this answer and this is my last>resort. ive got a couple planes ive put together in fs9 that>use the default 777-300.gau gauges. i really dont want to lose>these planes. so if this is possible any help or direction>would be big time appreciated....... thanx and sorry in>advance if the answer is already in here. i really did look>for it first.>>brettCopy the default gauge files you used into the 'panel' directory of your aircraft, and then copy the aircraft file over to '*:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSimObjectsAirplanes'.'*' is your installation hard drive letter.When loading the aircraft into FSX is will ask to run and accept the gauge files; so do it ... 'run' and then 'accept' each one.If the gauges are not from FS98 then the aircraft will most likely work.

Guest 3rett11

im sorry mccrash. thanx for the reply, but i guess i should have made this known. yes, im actually already this far. ive got the planes in fsx and working good. fsx accepted the gauges, but they just dont have any gauges, eicas, pfd, etc. theyre all blank. ive read some stuff about recompiling the gauges but have no idea what that means........... but thanx again for your time............brett

>im sorry mccrash. thanx for the reply, but i guess i should>have made this known. yes, im actually already this far. ive>got the planes in fsx and working good. fsx accepted the>gauges, but they just dont have any gauges, eicas, pfd, etc.>theyre all blank. ive read some stuff about recompiling the>gauges but have no idea what that means........... but thanx>again for your time............>brett I'd check the panel.cfg file. It sounds as though the panel may have been aliased in your FS9 installation. I've moved the 777-300 into FSX and it works just fine. In the panel folder I have "Boeing777-300.gau" and "magnetic_compass.gau". I do remember having the "no gauges" problem on one of the aircraft I brought into FSX but I can't remember exactly what the problem was. I just know that it was a simple fix. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest 3rett11

no, my panel.cfg is all good too. ive even tried a reinstallation at this point, and still nothing. ive been scanning the folders and cfg's trying to find a key difference. at this point i am basically trying to get the fs9 default 777 to work. again the plane works, i just dont have any gauges. so.......... if anyone has been able to do this i would appreciate the help. also, i appreciate the help thus far..............brett

hey same thing happened to me, i installed the meljet 777 and tried using the default panel but same as you nothing shows up i get the panel but no gauges.

I tried the Meljet with default FS9 panel and I got a good 2d panel but no VC.

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.