Sign in to follow this  
FormulaYak93619

Problems with Logitech Multi Panel / Radio Panel

I purchased the Logitech Multi Panel and Radio Panel and am having trouble using them with MSFS 2020. I'll outline the details below:

1) I have the most recent (Oct 1) plug-in provided by Logitech.

2) The radio panel works when using the Logitech plug-in.

3) The multi panel lights up (now that I've made the registry power setting change) and displays whatever is in MSFS 2020 correctly. However, turning the dial right results in a seemingly random change of either +1000 or +100, and vice-versa to the left, making it impossible to use it to make settings. Sometimes it appears to move by step (+100 then +1000 then +100 and so on). The buttons, trim wheel, and flaps lever all seem to work fine.

4) Per advice on this and other forums, I downloaded and installed the latest MSFS 2020 compatible version of Spad.next, synced it with SimConnect, and activated a couple of different Cessna 172 profiles from the online catalog. Here is what happened:

5) Using Spad.next, the radio panel dials worked fine. But the swap button wouldn't take, it would only flash the change and then go back. So, in effect, I can't change active frequencies.

6) Using Spad.next, despite the setting of +/-100, the dial increment problem on the remained the same. Oddly enough, it seemed to work for a few moments at one point, then it went back to being unpredictable.

7) When I turn off Spad.next, the panels stop working. That, together with the changes to the radio panel, tell me the Spad.next driver is being applied. It's just not having the anticipated effects.

Obviously, I'm pretty perplexed by all this, since some people report having no problems using Spad.next with their panels in MSFS 2020. I'm wondering if this is a unique hardware problem with my Multi Panel? But then, the swap button on the radio panel doesn't seem to be working right using Spad.next either.

FYI, I'm also using the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, the Logitech Rudder Pedals, and the Logitech Throttle Quadrant. All of them have been working 100% fine. But I've heard there may be compatibility issues between the Multi Panel and other peripherals, if the buttons on them are enabled. Could this be the issue? If so, what would the solution be (without disabling all my buttons)?

Thanks for any insight or help.

I'm using the Multi Panel and Spad.next with the Honeycomb yoke, the Logitech throttle quadrant, and the Saitek Cessna pedals, and everything on the Multi Panel works fine. I can't comment on the Radio Panel, since I don't use that.

I have all of the Saitek panels -- Multi Panel, Radio Panel, Switch Panel and 9 FIPS...Spad.next is how you will deal with their lack of software!

Plus you then get the ability to do what you like with it....so much better....I got rid of the Logitech software back in 2015 when I found Spad.next because I wanted to be able to  configure the switch panel and radio panels to control things that were outside of the defaults...

Les O'Reilly

On 10/18/2020 at 6:33 AM, FormulaYak93619 said:

Yes, but the point of my question is that Spad.next doesn't seem to be solving the problems I'm experiencing, and is even introducing new ones.

I am also new to these radio,light and multipanels .

Did you uninstall Logitechs own drivers first? I think i read that in the quick quide.

Another thing. Is it possible to stay away from yoke and rudder even if they are detected in spad.next?

I have those setup manually via FSUIPC and sims.

Also online profiles might incoperate those as well and i hope i can remove them from the spad.next profile when they are there.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

14 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Is it possible to stay away from yoke and rudder even if they are detected in spad.next?

Spad.next won't handle your yoke and rudder inputs unless you tell it to do so by selecting the controllers button on the side menu. So you can carry on using FSUIPC for your controllers, as I do.

I can't remember whether online profiles can over-ride this button, but it's very easy to delete any action that you don't want.

Edited by Muklum
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Muklum said:

Spad.next won't handle your yoke and rudder inputs unless you tell it to do so by selecting the controllers button on the side menu. So you can carry on using FSUIPC for your controllers, as I do.

I can't remember whether online profiles can over-ride this button, but it's very easy to delete any action that you don't want.

Hi ,  😃

I tried it out yesterday with the switchpanel and with the Trial version of SpadNext.

Originally i bought these Saitek instruments for default MSFS2020 aircrafts and i still would like to know what "basic profiles" you use for MSFS2020 . Straight profiles with no "extra" functions.

Also i tried out a Profile for PMDG NGXU in P3dv5 with most stars in the online cataloque but some switches have multiply functions (and swichting the ignition and some others made the plain go cold and dark (they are mapped to Autobrake RTO - 1-2-3 which is clever though)

I guess i also want a straight and clean profile for the NGXU as well so any recommendations is very welcomed. 😃

Thanks

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Michael,

Sorry, but I can't help there. My simming is exclusively in GA aircraft, so I have no experience of NGX profiles, and because of a problem with desk space (temporary I hope), I haven't used the Saitek panels at all with MSFS2020.

On 10/15/2020 at 1:52 PM, FormulaYak93619 said:

5) Using Spad.next, the radio panel dials worked fine. But the swap button wouldn't take, it would only flash the change and then go back. So, in effect, I can't change active frequencies.

FormulaYak93619,

I have the exact same problem. Did you find a solution?

I have two of the radio panels, before switching to FSX 2020, i was using p3dv4, and everything was working perfectly.

Now with fsx 2020, and after downloading the latest logitech plugin, I have problem. when I dial one of the radio panel, both radio's dial numbers move, I am not able to get each radio panel to act separately.

anyone knows how to fix this problem?

George

On 12/4/2020 at 4:48 PM, Scandinavian155 said:

FormulaYak93619,

I have the exact same problem. Did you find a solution?

I realized the problem was caused by the Logitech drivers and Spad.next was running simultaneously. To solve the problem do the following:

1. Uninstall the Logitech G Flight Radio Panel drivers
  2. Edit the Windows Registry for the Radio Panel as described in this video: https://youtu.be/qmehcCHC9JQ
  3. Now both the swap buttons and the displays should work properly.

Having a similar problem with Logitech Multi Panel wherein while the MSFS 2020 isn't running, there's a slight glow from the display of the panel, but the usb port isn't lit as if the port is being used/powered. Windows 10 Devices list all the Logitech Gear (Pro Yoke, Pedals, Throttle Quadrant, Flt Radio Panel, Flt Switch Panel) and "Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed)" which should represent the Flt Multi Panel. I've uninstalled and reset the drivers, and suspect there may be a problem with the mechanics of the Multi Panel, but can't diagnose any problems. I see references to Logitech Software which would display aspects of panels, but can't find the program or references to it on the Logitech Site.

I disabled the power shut off to the USB Ports, but it didn't make a change. On MSFS 2020, the Switch Panel and the Radio Panel seem to work (sometimes; other times, the software likes to be in control without telling me...sort of like some of the young pilots I've flown with over the years!)

I had a stroke last year and that results in some haziness in the memory bank (of mine), but I recall I had problems with all this gear before and one time solved working problems by deleting the (then) newer Logitech Drivers and reverting to the old Saitech Software. Under FSX, all the panels worked properly, and I didn't have to diagnose any problems with the mechanics, but as I recall, I haven't used FSX since I upgraded to Windows 10 on this computer. Now I'm wondering if the Multi Panel has crapped out and how I could go about determining that, or, more likely, wondering if this new MSFS 2020, Windows 10, and Logitech Software just don't get along. I'm seeing a lot of mentions about Multi Panels and problems, and now that the scenery and information concerning a lot of the third world airports I used to frequent is relevant, I'd like to get this rig working again.

Thanks for any suggestions or solutions,

Bob

On 12/22/2020 at 11:10 AM, RobertL said:

Having a similar problem with Logitech Multi Panel wherein while the MSFS 2020 isn't running, there's a slight glow from the display of the panel, but the usb port isn't lit as if the port is being used/powered. Windows 10 Devices list all the Logitech Gear (Pro Yoke, Pedals, Throttle Quadrant, Flt Radio Panel, Flt Switch Panel) and "Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed)" which should represent the Flt Multi Panel. I've uninstalled and reset the drivers, and suspect there may be a problem with the mechanics of the Multi Panel, but can't diagnose any problems. I see references to Logitech Software which would display aspects of panels, but can't find the program or references to it on the Logitech Site.

I disabled the power shut off to the USB Ports, but it didn't make a change. On MSFS 2020, the Switch Panel and the Radio Panel seem to work (sometimes; other times, the software likes to be in control without telling me...sort of like some of the young pilots I've flown with over the years!)

I had a stroke last year and that results in some haziness in the memory bank (of mine), but I recall I had problems with all this gear before and one time solved working problems by deleting the (then) newer Logitech Drivers and reverting to the old Saitech Software. Under FSX, all the panels worked properly, and I didn't have to diagnose any problems with the mechanics, but as I recall, I haven't used FSX since I upgraded to Windows 10 on this computer. Now I'm wondering if the Multi Panel has crapped out and how I could go about determining that, or, more likely, wondering if this new MSFS 2020, Windows 10, and Logitech Software just don't get along. I'm seeing a lot of mentions about Multi Panels and problems, and now that the scenery and information concerning a lot of the third world airports I used to frequent is relevant, I'd like to get this rig working again.

Thanks for any suggestions or solutions,

Bob

It is usually the USB Power Management... You need to go down the list and disable it on everything...the Hubs, the devices.. everything..

Then Un plug it and plug it back in and fire up Spad.next.  Windows will also "change this back" on you after updates...it is annoying but that seems to always be the issue.  Second is Power... You might want to make sure that you have them in a Powered USB 2.0 Hub that has at least 500mA per port.... lot's of the Hubs will have like 5-7 ports yet the PSU will only do like 1A....  I have had to replace the PSUs that come with them for others -- or just make a custom one from a Computer PSU that you break out into these..

Les O'Reilly

With the Logitech plugin installed and working on my PC, the multipanel's flap lever, trim wheel, and display work in MSFS 2020, but the panel's buttons for AP, Nav, HDG, etc., are dark. They've never lit up. I tried to use the autopilot to set a heading the other day, and nothing happened. Meanwhile the radio panel works well. When I fiddle with frequencies on the radio panel, I see the frequencies change in the FS cockpit. Both panels are plugged into USB 2.0 ports.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Logitech's plugin software several times. Logitech's instructions talk of a "driver setup screen" that's supposed to appear when you install the software, but I've never seen it. I get a little window with an image of a cockpit control panel and a "finish" button. When I click it, the window goes away, and that's it.

On 1/27/2021 at 4:57 PM, Aptosflier said:

With the Logitech plugin installed and working on my PC, the multipanel's flap lever, trim wheel, and display work in MSFS 2020, but the panel's buttons for AP, Nav, HDG, etc., are dark. They've never lit up. I tried to use the autopilot to set a heading the other day, and nothing happened. Meanwhile the radio panel works well. When I fiddle with frequencies on the radio panel, I see the frequencies change in the FS cockpit. Both panels are plugged into USB 2.0 ports.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Logitech's plugin software several times. Logitech's instructions talk of a "driver setup screen" that's supposed to appear when you install the software, but I've never seen it. I get a little window with an image of a cockpit control panel and a "finish" button. When I click it, the window goes away, and that's it.

Go to the downlaods page at https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024692354--Downloads-Flight-Multi-Panel and click on Show All Downloads. Pick your OS and then Scroll down until you get to "Flight Panels Test Software". Use that to see if the features of your panel are actually working or if you have a hardware problem.

James