Sign in to follow this  
Espana Pete

Advice for new Honeycomb alpha flight yolk please

Hello,

I started learning MSFS using a T-Flight Hotas X and have been getting on reasonably well. I just added a new Honeycomb alpha flight yolk and have encountered various problems. I plugged this into my PC alongside the Hotas X (for the throttle ability) and have so far only tried two flights in light aircraft both of which ended up with the Garmin screens turning off after a few minutes and a message like you need the electronics turned on (or something similar). I unplugged the Honeycomb and tried the same flights again using my trusty Hotas on its own and everything went OK. Is anybody else using both a Hotas X and a Honeycomb at the same time or do you think they are conflicting with each other?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

Did you have the switches turned on on the Alpha? There are switched for Power and avionics. I would also makes sure that you don't have any duplicate control asignments, like rudder and alierons, etc

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

1 hour ago, Mikeingreen said:

Did you have the switches turned on on the Alpha? There are switched for Power and avionics. I would also makes sure that you don't have any duplicate control asignments, like rudder and alierons, etc

I have just checked and yes, both master and Avionics were turned on, but I have now set up a new profile for the Hotas with just throttle, parking brake and landing gear. I got part way to the runway and the Garman screens went off again. I noticed that I had left the switch on the right to "start" so moved it back one to "both" and the Garmans came back on, swiftly followed by the whole MSFS crashing to the desktop, which I have never had before since it was released. Now I am really scratching my head 😞

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

You need to disable the switches and "key" on the on the housing. They are permanent on switches and they cause problems with FS2020. Do this in Controls setup and everything will work fine. the switches on the yoke itself are fine.

This will probably be fixed at some point as these switches work fine in other sims like X-plane.

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

1 hour ago, 177B said:

You need to disable the switches and "key" on the on the housing. They are permanent on switches and they cause problems with FS2020. Do this in Controls setup and everything will work fine. the switches on the yoke itself are fine.

This will probably be fixed at some point as these switches work fine in other sims like X-plane.

I can confirm this as well. Hopefully this will get fixed soon,

I have also implemented a Linear curve for my Roll, Pitch & Yaw using the excellent Joystick curve software. It is a joy to fly in the sim now with the Honeycomb and the linear curve fixed all the other erratic control issues I had with my Saitek rudder pedals. I can now perform a take off roll without exiting the runway lol.

https://www.xedocproject.com/joystickcurves.html

I downloaded the signed virtual joystick driver, Once setup delete the Roll, Pitch & Yaw assignments in the settings and re assign them to the 1st virtual joystick. This has been a game changer for me, I leave the MS control curves well alone

Enjoy your new yoke. I was lucky to get mine a month or so before MSFS 2020 released when there was stock and before the scalping started. 

Edited by Richdem

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

My experience is different: I got the HC yoke and it just slipped right in, recognizing all the assignments including magnetos and start switch. I then wanted the TM TFRP pedals, but a TM bundle included the Hotas X and throttle for like 15$ additional so I bought it even though I didn’t care about the joystick.

I plugged the TM stuff into a USB port and same thing - MSFS recognized every button and switch. I now use them together since I use the TM throttle until the HC Bravo ships. I have had no conflicts or problems. I just don’t have much use for the stick but it works without any problems.