Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cindy_Zoonan

I find Moderator 'thread pulling', a little too heavy handed....

I see that my 'humor' post has been deleted.I find this action was pretty heavy handed and truly not warranted.We need a little NON-OFFENSIVE humor here and there amongst the negative and the deep. I guess one of the moderators doesn't seem to think so.I don't need to be part of this kind of pick-and-choose censorship.It's been a slice, everyone. You're all a good gang, world-wide!!!Take care,Mitch R.

You may want to check out the "where did the Phil whoever thread go?" Apparently there were some SQL glitches during maintenance and several threads were accidentally lost. Perhaps that's what happened to yours?Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Mitch - We all need to remember this is a private sandbox and we're just guests here. There are several things which could have caused your post to disappear. But, if indeed, it was intentionally deleted that's just part of the price we pay for enjoying what we have here. Humor is the hardest of all things to try and get across in a post. Sometimes what one of us thinks is funny another thinks is highly offensive. I've had a couple of posts pulled over the years and I know it hurts a little when that happens. Here's my advice, instead of worrying about it why not just sit back and have another beer (or two) turn off the framerate counter, and come back and enjoy this site with us. You've been around too long to just disappear over something as trivial as this.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest Ozzie

I think that I would tend to go along with Doug on that oneProbably yours just got caught up in the fervour of deleting all the posts that put the Great Gods in a bad light - someone obviously got out of bed on the wrong side and went a bit wild for an hour or so - we will NEVER know for sureIt was actually quite interesting trying to reply at the time because almost every 2nd post that I wanted to put a comment into just miraculously disappeared almost in sequence as I typedYou go figure

Guest Valkyrie321

Whether it was purposeful or not, remember all posts generally have to meet the guidelines in the Terms of Service contract. Another point is that this is indeed a public forum that is administered privately, meaning they pretty have the final say in anything.Regardless, be glad you could even post this message. Most forums that I have moderated/administrated contained a TOS that strictly forbid posting about moved posts or administrative actions taken on someone.Good day,-Cody

Never thought about that...:-)

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest Kev_Is_Soaked

No.It means that someone has taken the time and effort to maintain this wonderful place at a cost. In any community, you have to have rules and regulations that are enforced in various ways to keep the community from falling apart, blowing apart, or becoming a kids playground. Sometimes it may appear that it seems a little unfair, but really, it's in the interest of keeping this place the way people expect it to be kept.... if it shifts, people leave and the community shrinks to the point of extinction of the site.It is someone else's place, respect their rules. This is why even free communities with no affiliations to Microsoft must maintain order...In the last week I've seen this Mitch character start numerous threads over and over again about the exact same topic... even though his other threads we still pretty 'hot'. He chose to start new threads when people in the IT business corrected him that his 'tweak' is in fact an overall performance inhibitor, and is actually a possible catastrophe in the making..... yet here he was making new threads about how easy it is to do as well as how safe it seemed to be since he'd managed to run his machine all day like that. It was a total disregard for the community really, trying to get people to do something that could potentially wipe out their system after weeks of play.That being said, it's no surprise that even his humorous post was deleted. I didn't actually see the thread he had, but I imagine it carried the same sarcastic humor from his other posts and probably indicates why it was pulled.... but that is pure speculation, but I'm basing it on his past posts. Personally I would have deleted all the posts he made about the 'tweak' the second it became clear that the tweak was a ticking time-bomb.... but that's just me. I wouldn't want any information on my well known site, that could lead to disaster for even one poor member.

yes - and just pulled a thread that I started to show the performance increase I got from Vista RC2 - so something positive for FSX for a change - spent 1 1/2 hours producing screenies, and performance tests, to get the thread pulled with no explanation.Its not hardware related - so hence why didn't go into hardware section.what a waste.Mark.

Explanation posted in your other thread. Abide by our rules and your posts will remain. Pretty simple really.

Guest Binncott

Perhaps when a thread/post is pulled an explanation could be given either by posting or email/Pm to the person whose post is deleted.Seems that most folks would not mind being "moderated" provided they knew why.BC

Guest Cindy_Zoonan

I read your post.Your sense of humor isn't so funny.Maybe the moderator is pulling a joke by pulling your post.Get a grip.