Sign in to follow this  
severniae

Anyone elses Thrust master Airbus Quadrant arrive?

Got mine over the weekend.

Overall impressed, thrust reversers feel fantastic and I've managed to program them quite well for PMDG/FSL and works great in Xplane too (so far tried the AFL KA350)

Only niggle is when advancing or retarding them, you move in the desired direction and when taking your hand off they move a tiny bit back - it's not major but if anyone has any idea how to resolve it would go from a 90% to 100% device.

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

UK still waiting. Presumably the rest of Europe too.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

11 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

UK still waiting. Presumably the rest of Europe too.

A lot seem to be on backorder. I have seen indicators with some online shops that next deliveries expected at the end of this month.

On 10/26/2020 at 7:42 PM, severniae said:

Overall impressed, thrust reversers feel fantastic and I've managed to program them quite well for PMDG/FSL and works great in Xplane too (so far tried the AFL KA350)

Only niggle is when advancing or retarding them, you move in the desired direction and when taking your hand off they move a tiny bit back - it's not major but if anyone has any idea how to resolve it would go from a 90% to 100% device.

James, any feedback on the stablity/weight of the quadrant on the surface you are using? I had read that there was a tendency for it to leave the surface its placed on when operating the throttles since the unit is quite light.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

@aldridgem I will be honest, if I'd have been able to test it beforehand I would have saved my money - but - for it's stated purpose, it's ok for airbus. I'm still on the fence for its use for anything other than an airbus with detents..

I have had to velcro it to my mount to stop it moving around - with the tension increased it just doesn't stay put. 

It is also much smaller than you would expect, more like a toy..

On the whole it is ok, I've been using it for some A320 flights (works fine) and for flights in the King Air 350 (fine until you really want to nail a torque setting, and for that purpose it is utterly rubbish)

In all likelihood I will sell it soon and get a TQ6+ - my recommendation is not to buy unless you have been able to try one.

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

10 hours ago, aldridgem said:

A lot seem to be on backorder. I have seen indicators with some online shops that next deliveries expected at the end of this month.

As I documented in my Amazon rant thread in this sub-forum, my order was suddenly unavailable on the day of dispatch and ever since then has simply had "We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date." appended to it. 

8 hours ago, severniae said:

I have had to velcro it to my mount to stop it moving around - with the tension increased it just doesn't stay put. 

The cynic in me says it was deliberately made light in order to sell more of their Flying Clamps. Of course, if you want your stick and quadrant at the same level, you're probably going to want 2 of them. ££££££££

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Deleted - wrong thread!

Edited by 109Sqn
Wrong thread.

Has anyone got any experience with this and the Honeycomb Bravo? What’s your thoughts on them?

Trying to decide on which one to buy (when stock has come available that is).

I sadly can't help - both still on order with no prospect of getting them any time soon. I'll believe Amazon's 23rd of December date when I see it, but maybe they mean 23rd December 2021.🙄