Sign in to follow this  
Noel

ALERT! 3rd Party Airports are missing ILS Freq in MFD

49 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

Yeah and if you saw the initial thread title, it said “don’t buy third party addons.”

Yes it did.....Dear me! Glad it was not just me who saw/read that.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, mtr75 said:

Yeah and if you saw the initial thread title, it said “don’t buy third party addons.”

17 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Yes it did.....Dear me! Glad it was not just me who saw/read that.

Dear me, and you're wrong too--easy to twist things isn't it.  Obviously I over-cooked the thread title I'm sorry about that, but I never said what you both thought i said, Dear me.  I'm very glad I took action though even if it was a little overdone and I hope others can appreciate finding out ahead of time this issue I know I won't buy another airport til it's sorted out.  From my email trash folder:

Screen-Shot-2020-11-18-at-3-18-42-PM.jpg

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 hour ago, mtr75 said:

I know, i saw that 😄 

3 Blind Mice See How They Run 

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

5 hours ago, mtr75 said:

Have you tried manually dialing in the frequencies? If so I would agree that this is a problem. If not, try it. I bet it will work.

One of the very useful features in MSFS MFD is being able to bring up ILS frequencies.  I'm not looking for workarounds for errant issues I'd like to see it fixed.

• Like 1

Noel

JCB and CAT come to mind.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

15 hours ago, Noel said:

Dear me, and you're wrong too--easy to twist things isn't it.  Obviously I over-cooked the thread title I'm sorry about that, but I never said what you both thought i said, Dear me.  I'm very glad I took action though even if it was a little overdone and I hope others can appreciate finding out ahead of time this issue I know I won't buy another airport til it's sorted out.  From my email trash folder:

Screen-Shot-2020-11-18-at-3-18-42-PM.jpg

You said exactly what I said you did. And as it would seem, the problem is not with third party airports. So I would suggest that an all-caps call to action to damage someone’s business because of a problem unrelated to them was unwarranted. 

15 hours ago, Noel said:

One of the very useful features in MSFS MFD is being able to bring up ILS frequencies.  I'm not looking for workarounds for errant issues I'd like to see it fixed.

Okay, so why don’t you establish and confirm what the problem is before you exasperatingly call on others to stop buying someone’s product?

16 hours ago, Noel said:

Obviously I over-cooked the thread title I'm sorry about that,

And that in a nutshell tells us all we need to know about living in the 2020's.  Everything is "over-cooked".  Night lighting is "FATAL".  the A320 is "UNFLYABLE".  The sim is nothing more than a "SCENERY SIMULATOR".  

Nothing but hyperbole, histrionics and exaggeration.  And it's not limited to Flight simulator.  A quick browse of social media, and it's the same story.  Some might argue that it's social media that has turned us into knee jerk, hysteria driven, individuals.  That's not something to debate here.  But can we all just take a chill pill?  Can we all just conduct ourselves in a reasoned manner and not try to be the first one's on our horses screaming "The British are Coming.....".  

Many of the OP's original points are valid.  I don't get ILS automatically at KPDX, but that's because I'm never cleared for anything but Runway 3, despite other aircraft landing on 10R and 10L.  That's a bug.  I do get ILS frequencies autoloaded at CYVR.  But not at KATL.  So not quite sure if it's a difference in modelling the airports, or an issue with the SDK or not.  And yes, it's annoying.  But dialing in the frequency isn't really hard, and it's not what I call a show stopper by any stretch of the imagination.  At least no more than an autopilot that 3 months ago wanted to end my life, or an AI copilot that, when I hand over the controls for a bio break flies us  into vmax, and turns us into pink mist.  Where'd they get this guy?

Edited by wthomas33065
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, wthomas33065 said:

And that in a nutshell tells us all we need to know about living in the 2020's.  Everything is "over-cooked".  Night lighting is "FATAL".  the A320 is "UNFLYABLE".  The sim is nothing more than a "SCENERY SIMULATOR".  

Nothing but hyperbole, histrionics and exaggeration.  And it's not limited to Flight simulator.  A quick browse of social media, and it's the same story.  Some might argue that it's social media that has turned us into knee jerk, hysteria driven, individuals.  That's not something to debate here.  But can we all just take a chill pill?  Can we all just conduct ourselves in a reasoned manner and not try to be the first one's on our horses screaming "The British are Coming.....".  

Many of the OP's original points are valid.  I don't get ILS automatically at KPDX, but that's because I'm never cleared for anything but Runway 3, despite other aircraft landing on 10R and 10L.  That's a bug.  I do get ILS frequencies autoloaded at CYVR.  But not at KATL.  So not quite sure if it's a difference in modelling the airports, or an issue with the SDK or not.  And yes, it's annoying.  But dialing in the frequency isn't really hard, and it's not what I call a show stopper by any stretch of the imagination.  At least no more than an autopilot that 3 months ago wanted to end my life, or an AI copilot that, when I hand over the controls for a bio break flies us  into vmax, and turns us into pink mist.  Where'd they get this guy?

This should be a sticky. And for the record, I'm just as guilty as anyone.

2 hours ago, mtr75 said:

You said exactly what I said you did. And as it would seem, the problem is not with third party airports. So I would suggest that an all-caps call to action to damage someone’s business because of a problem unrelated to them was unwarranted. 

Wrong again:  here's what you exactly said:  

18 hours ago,  mtr75 said: 

Yeah and if you saw the initial thread title, it said “don’t buy third party addons.”

What I said was STOP buying AIRPORT addons.  And yes, the reason for that was so this problem doesn't continue unaddressed.   Maybe you don't care if the 3rd party airport does not correct display ILS frequencies in the MFD but it matters to me and the more folks that care the greater chance it will be resolved.  I know I won't purchase another until this is resolved.   The community responder from MS/Asobo kneejerk concluded the problem exists in the 3rd party developer despite the fact all three separate 3rd parties deliver the same problem which clearly implies the issue likely rests w/ MS/Asobo.  My guess is it simply was an oversight/omission in the SDK for airports.  What this also means is that unless it's solved every other airport coming out will have the issue and it may well require EACH developer to patch/update their airport.  That's stupid.   I will continue hounding the zendesk.

Edited by Noel

Noel