Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

Roraima - The Lost World

Always been fascinated by this place. Checked it out in all the sims I've had and this is definitely the best, even though it has a few elevation issues. If you don't know of this place, see here -

https://www.beautifulworld.com/south-america/guyana/mount-roraima/

and of course Wiki will tell you more. I set off initially from SV92, a little grass strip a ways south
QZxz59I.jpg

you can also use SV90
iDIBWAM.jpg

bXh76X0.jpg

or if you want a bit more tarmac use SVSE
zkXKBuU.jpg

All of the above will bring you in from the south, and there she is in the distance
1WvisaA.jpg

Like I said, a few elevation issues
9nwKzZd.jpg

But the view from up here is great
pGu62kQ.jpg

O5ymfvp.jpg

fI1S44E.jpg

OiT8vGY.jpg

dPzorEE.jpg

Spent hours up here and grabbed loads of screenies, but time to head off now. Continuing north
MiBdFsE.jpg

Up ahead is  SVCN
vVCAhNU.jpg

Hey - close enough!
2hiwRzl.jpg

And now just a few with different weather, times etc
38mwAT8.jpg

ZnFbClv.jpg

eIkzH8R.jpg

TipRbhJ.jpg

1JxMtCg.jpg

Well worth a visit.

• Like 5

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Big thanks for posting this. I almost forgot those places were still there, and for sure will go there soon (in my sim).

The Roraima and the Tepuys is located in southeastern Venezuela (and shares territory with Guyana and Brazil to a lesser extent) and the nearest airports, as mentioned in the article, are Santa Elena de Uairen (SVSE), located in Venezuela (look for the second letter "V" in the ICAO designator) and Canaima Park, SVCN, which is a remote tourist place. There are flights, not sure if commercial, but charters for sure, from Puerto Ordaz SVPR (to the North of the Bolivar State, where the Roraima is) to Canaima. Santa Elena de Uairen is very close to the border of Venezuela with Brazil and serves as a connection for flights coming up north from Brazil. The current representation of SVSE in MSFS is not right, as the airport buildings are very typical of the environment that surrounds the airport. A great geographical POI is the Angel Falls, near Canaima, a very well known place and the world's highest waterfall (800+ meters) and excellent for the practice of parachuting and skydiving.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers