Sign in to follow this  
ducaud

Help with calibrating joystick

Hello,

I am having quite an issue controlling the aileron, elevator and rudder.

I have change the sensitivity, and the null zone, but still I cannot control the aircraft. The worst is the aileron axis.

It is so sensitive, that a small touch I ended up in a 90 degree bank or more.

If i play with the null zone and the sensitivity, I turn the the aileron just a bit and nothing happens, another bit and nothing happens, another bit, and I am again banking 90 degrees.

I have tried to different joysticks and the result is just the same. 

Thanks 

Juan

Hi Juan, you may need to check two things - one is to make sure that there are no duplicate axis assignments in the sim. The other is to re-run the windows joystick calibration (type in joy.cpl in the Win10 search box) and re-do the controller calibration there.

Good luck

1 hour ago, ducaud said:

I have change the sensitivity, and the null zone, but still I cannot control the aircraft. The worst is the aileron axis.

It is so sensitive, that a small touch I ended up in a 90 degree bank or more.

Did you make sure you defined it as an axis? I recall I had such "dual" behavior (during the alpha yet) when I assigned my throttle to, say, just "throttle" instead of "throttle axis" (or similar, from head).

Kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb
  • Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I find it essential to calibrate the controls on every flight.  This would be achieved if you do full & free during the pre-takeoff chx.  But, if like me, you often rush takeoff or spawn airborne at a custom position then select Active Pause and do a full movement through all 3 axis.  In my experience manageable flight control become possible after this action.  Hope it helps.

On 12/1/2020 at 6:15 AM, pmb said:

Did you make sure you defined it as an axis? I recall I had such "dual" behavior (during the alpha yet) when I assigned my throttle to, say, just "throttle" instead of "throttle axis" (or similar, from head).

Kind regards, Michael

This is the most likely issue. if it is assigned to left and right rather than an axis you will get full left or full right aileron whenever you move the stick away from center.