Sign in to follow this  
brooksby1

trouble getting reality-xp 430 working (resolved)

I have been using the Beech Baron with regular King radios in FSX.

I was able to finally get it to work so I bought a new Windows 10 computer with a 27 inch screen.  I uninstalled the reality-xp from my laptop and installed it in the new computer.  As I set it up it initially worked, but when I went back in to tweak the settings I would click on add ons with reality-xp and a window would open and then stay black and never respond.  I would have to reboot my computer and then come back in.  I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and after a whole evening of doing this it said invalid license contact the vendor to make it work.

This is the closest that I can find for contacting the vendor.  Seems really difficult with no actual email contact to address the situation.

Not sure what you did with the install / uninstall effort... but check this:

In C:\RealityXP, do you have any "lic" files?

In Documents, do you have any rxpGNS log files, if so what do they say?

Lastly, did you download a fresh copy when installing on your new computer?

If not, do that now, and use the "reinstall" option.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

4 hours ago, brooksby1 said:

This is the closest that I can find for contacting the vendor.

This is what he uses for support.  And there are a number of fellow users who frequent the RXP topics here and join in to help.  You found the correct place.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

So I uninstalled FSX-SE and Realty-xp.  Rebooted and then reinstalled both.  I went to the Reality-xp commerce site and clicked on the link to reactivate my license.  It sent me an e-mail to reactivate the license.  I clicked on the link, but when I run the program it still says "RXP invalid license contact vendor".

I have installed the F1 agent and it allowed me to reset the license, but still no change.  HELP.

Edited by RXP

I uninstalled the reality-xp software.  Uninstalled my Mcafee virus scanner and then reinstalled the reality-xp software.  It all now works.  What a pain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brooksby1 said:

I uninstalled the reality-xp software.  Uninstalled my Mcafee virus scanner and then reinstalled the reality-xp software.  It all now works.  What a pain.

Why are you still using (and paying) for McAfee?  Most of us have long since settled in on Windows Defender (no cost) for antivirus, and Malware Bytes for malicious software and ransomware.  And I have had a very small number of false-positives from Defender and nothing but protection from Malware Bytes....

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere