Sign in to follow this  
jport1

A long, long time Customer . . with a few words!

The message is really directed at the developer when all is said.  Long story short, I have been an avid supporter of FS2Crew products (all of them) and have purchased almost every thing marketed.  After jumping around some of the robust payware AC, I finally settled permanently into the PMDG 738NGXu and I have kept up with the FS2Crew upgrades  . . . which are nice but now  . .  it has become a real nuisance. Every time the annoying in sim voice reminder of an 'important upgrade' it makes a good day, a so-so day.  For me, I have to prepare to exit a robust sim [full size home cockpit] and re download the full installer and install.   

Please Stop . . . go ahead and post your updates, send us email reminders, texts but DO NOT remind us in the sim AFTER, in my case,  a 7+ minute loading sequence THAT we will have to exit everything and go out to the site, download the installer, re-install, register again  . .  .   a process lately for me that has been a black screen event.   Anyway, it may be time to give this up.  Don't get me wrong, I have loved the (voice control) interactive right seater for years . . . 

OK, I have ranted!  Now I will decide if I have to look at something else . . .

Joe

Edited by jport1
typos
  • Upvote 1

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

Hi Joe,

We perform an internet based version check for multiple reasons, chief among them is killing off pirates.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience the internet version update check causes you, but you can blame the pirates for that.

Cheers,

Hey Bryan,

I wanted to take a moment to apologize for my rant here late last year.  I don't visit the forum too often anymore and when it came up with a 404 error when trying to do an update check form my FS2, it was just frustrating on a generally frustrating day already in process.  You have great products and I have stuck with them for years, for one simple reason, they are great!  

Again, all the best and keep up the good work.  

A long time customer . . . 

Joe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg