Sign in to follow this  
cianpars

Real World Liveries

In previous versions of flight sim, I've downloaded real world liveries for AI aircraft and to fly mysef.  However, I do like real world traffic in MSFS, so two questions:

1.  Can I switch from real world to AI and replace the default liveries like I did in previous versions and 

2. How difficult would it be to produce a system that would recognise the initial letters in a flight code and then load the correct livery?

I haven't fully explored the MSFS file structure yet, but it does seem very different to past versions and a fair amount of file protection seems to have been inbuilt.

I really don't want to see generic MS liveries anywhere.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Alpha-India-Golf is currently working bringing their AI to MSFS, no time frame for release, but apparently it’s going along fine so far.

There is another addon in the works called ‘FS Live Liveries’ which is converting FLAI models and liveries (with permission) to use with the Live Traffic feature.

Asobo also plans on adding more real liveries and more AI plane types to the base sim (for free) sometime in the future. They need to get permission from all the rights holders first though. COVID is apparently slowing the process down.

The sim currently has a United livery for the generic airliner model which will show up if you encounter a live traffic united flight.

There is a new line in the aircraft.cfg file in the livery section ‘icao_airline’ which you can put in the 3 letter ICAO code for the airline, I believe that’s what the sim uses to try and match the livery.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, cianpars said:

In previous versions of flight sim, I've downloaded real world liveries for AI aircraft and to fly mysef.  However, I do like real world traffic in MSFS, so two questions:

1.  Can I switch from real world to AI and replace the default liveries like I did in previous versions and 

2. How difficult would it be to produce a system that would recognise the initial letters in a flight code and then load the correct livery?

I haven't fully explored the MSFS file structure yet, but it does seem very different to past versions and a fair amount of file protection seems to have been inbuilt.

I really don't want to see generic MS liveries anywhere.

Hi;

These will help you to start :

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/announcement-fslivetraffic-liveries-fsltl/297900     For AI, Ground and Live Traffic

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/custom-vpilot-vmr-model-matching-for-vatsim/306635  For Vatsim-Ivao Traffic

https://www.lekseecon.nl/  For Real Traffic ( Much much better than MSFS Lİve Traffic) (Exactly as flightradar24with just 20 seconds delay)

I use Ivao Altitude mtl models for all and all are working fine.

Happy Flying.

Edited by kt069
  • Like 1

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

33 minutes ago, kt069 said:

( Much much better than MSFS Lİve Traffic)

I have to disagree, because it doesn't use the in game ATC and they're not real AI. They also and don't look very realistic when landing or taking off.

I wonder if someone could do what Asobo is doing, take the flight data and turn them into AI flight plans on fly, but do it better.

Edited by Tuskin38

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

I have to disagree, because it doesn't use the in game ATC and they're not real AI. They also and don't look very realistic when landing or taking off.

I wonder if someone could do what Asobo is doing, take the flight data and turn them into AI flight plans on fly, but do it better.

It is a preference, of course. I meant, MSFS Live traffic is not matching the real life and very few is shown in the sim. PSX have almost all the aircrafts that flightradar24 show, and with less than 20 seconds delay. Therefore, it is more preferable for me. Yes they are not real AI but fills the skies and the airports quite well.

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

54 minutes ago, kt069 said:

Hi;

These will help you to start :

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/announcement-fslivetraffic-liveries-fsltl/297900     For AI, Ground and Live Traffic

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/custom-vpilot-vmr-model-matching-for-vatsim/306635  For Vatsim-Ivao Traffic

https://www.lekseecon.nl/  For Real Traffic ( Much much better than MSFS Lİve Traffic) (Exactly as flightradar24with just 20 seconds delay)

I use Ivao Altitude mtl models for all and all are working fine.

Happy Flying.

This whole AI thing has me confused.

I currently have a mod in my Community folder, and I don't even know which one it is.

The mod folder is named "core-custom-ai-traffic" and the manifest.json says the creator is "AI Flight Planner." It contains liveries for 40 or 50 generic airliner models and thirty or so different traffic BGL files, such as Traffic_Aegean.BGL. 

Does anybody know which program this is? Have they added any more aircraft or liveries? It seems to work all right, some of the planes take off and land, but mostly they just stand around.

37 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

This whole AI thing has me confused.

I currently have a mod in my Community folder, and I don't even know which one it is.

The mod folder is named "core-custom-ai-traffic" and the manifest.json says the creator is "AI Flight Planner." It contains liveries for 40 or 50 generic airliner models and thirty or so different traffic BGL files, such as Traffic_Aegean.BGL. 

Does anybody know which program this is? Have they added any more aircraft or liveries? It seems to work all right, some of the planes take off and land, but mostly they just stand around.

That mod was removed because the author apparently used AIG flightplans without obtaining permission.

• Upvote 1

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

33 minutes ago, northtexas said:

That mod was removed because the author apparently used AIG flightplans without obtaining permission.

Side note, the way the author set up those liveries makes it so they also work with the Live Traffic. So I just deleted the flight plans and kept the liveries after I found out they were stolen.

Edited by Tuskin38

3 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Side note, the way the author set up those liveries makes it so they also work with the Live Traffic. So I just deleted the flight plans and kept the liveries after I found out they were stolen.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I assume that downloading and using those flight plans privately isn't a problem as long as they aren't included without permission with a published free or for profit program.

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.