Sign in to follow this  

Review here. Pro Siphon was only two degrees warmer than a full custom loop, with Threadripper! But with an Intel 10850K, the NH-D15 was 8 degrees cooler and quieter.

Seems that because Intel CPU's have a smaller die so a more concentrated heat source, ProSiphon wasn't as good at handling it. 

Edited by martin-w

On 1/23/2021 at 2:00 PM, martin-w said:

😀 I'm 63 and have built more and modified more PC's than I can remember. Still haven't changed.

LOL... To be clear, I wasn't trying to comment on your age, err.... sir. 😉

I was simply stating that I no longer care about such things.

I really don't get fur inside of the case, but a few stray hairs will get in there every once in a while. But the dust.... ugh. I have no idea where it all comes from.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

1 hour ago, MDFlier said:

But the dust.... ugh. I have no idea where it all comes from.

IT's a pain. Was worse for me when the room was carpeted. Wooden floor not so bad. Positive pressure barely an issue at all. Cant remember last time I cleaned out my Evolv TG, but still barely any dust. Great case, my next will be the newer Phanteks Evolv X. 

• Like 1

When I get the floor finished in my basement and my workshop back together, I'm going to build a desk with space for a built in computer. It will pull out like a drawer. The MB will be mounted vertically (on a test bench type tray) but I'll be able to pull it out and it will be hinged so that I can pull the bottom up and it will latch into a horizontal position so I can work on it. All the cable runs will be built in so none will show. There will be an air plenum arranged to direct air in and out as well. The PS will be positioned away from everything near where the air exits the desk. I have been thinking about it for years and I ain't getting younger. And now I need a new desk anyway. I'm done with computer cases. All I need is a spot to mount the motherboard and power supply and some fans. When it's all closed up it'll look like a tall skinny drawer on the front left side of the desk.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Sounds like a fun project to dive into. The only minor concern I might have is proximity to flammable wood. PC fires are rare, but not unheard off, for example the recent NZXT fire issue.

• Like 1