Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Baby Jumbo arrival at Sydney (after restarting my FSX..)

I re-did my flight from YAYE to YSSY with a successful outcome, so here are the screenshots as I approached Sydney. The FMC acted a bit strange - to me anyway, but I'll probably pose the question in the flight planning forum. I suspect it is down to my lack of understanding. :wink: I didn't have the plan loaded into FSX itself so I did not have ATC vectoring me around. I just wanted to see the FMC in action and deal with the fact that the 146-100 doesn't have a VNAV autopilot function.

Here I am, following some kind of descent profile for an approach to RWY34L. :wacko: I ended up landing with a bit of a tailwind as, by the time I got to Sydney, the METAR had changed. I left the FMC well alone. :cool:

mkfOfKb.jpg

Whilst the AP managed to intercept the localiser nicely, it didn't want to pick up the glideslope, However as soon as I saw the runway I switched it off anyway. Thanks to the clamshell airbrake, being high wasn't that big a deal :tongue:

DHOACKS.jpg

oOQ8XU6.jpg

There we go!

p09kqKt.jpg

RQayLJa.jpg

Shutdown... and... Oi !! Where's my stairs and ground support equipment??!! Stupid bloody Galahs !!:biggrin:

OVbu5mj.jpg

69g400Z.jpg

Cheers!🍻

• Like 3

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Glad, Mark, this time, you got it working end-to-end w/o CTD...

If you wish you can easily load a FPLN into the (146) FMC after placing the FPLN, first, in [\FSX\Qualitywings\FlightPlans] directory...(That might make things a bit easier)...

And, when you get to fly the Avro Series, I recall, unlike the 146, it will also give the nice ND display of the Route...

Take your time and have fun with it. It's a great collection of (SIM) aircraft...!!

• Like 2