Sign in to follow this  
ThomseN_inc

Anyone tried flying in polar regions?

So yesterday i was on a flight from northern germany to Longyearbyen ENSB up north when suddenly at some point the moving map of my G3000 (Citation Longitude) stopped moving and instead my airplane symbol started moving upwards on the display finally dissapearing. Trying the map panning function to get my navigation back failed also as i was not able to pan upwards at some point.

Might this be a Sim bug, G3000 mod bug or a general moving map bug?

Anyone else tried flying up north?

Best regards

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

I flew The longitude from ULLI to EHFK and ENGM. No Problems.

The only problem was rapid icing on windshield that went away when I turned on all deicing surfaces.

Bill

C:|mydocuments\mypictures\my signature.htm

I'm flying the 747 from Frankfurt to Narita - 10.5 hrs - it's all good.

Us old Freight Dogs are cool.

A little bit of making it up as we go along is required with the 747 - but Hey! T'was ever thus. . .

C'mon Man - get in the air - and get in your pyjamas.

Let's go fly. . .

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

I'm flying the 747 from Frankfurt to Narita - 10.5 hrs - it's all good.

Us old Freight Dogs are cool.

A little bit of making it up as we go along is required with the 747 - but Hey! T'was ever thus. . .

C'mon Man - get in the air - and get in your pyjamas.

Let's go fly. . .

Yeah i'm halfway down to Accra in the Longitude... so?

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Just now, Will Fly For Cheese said:

So. . .fly.

Is this really the way a serious question gets answered here?

Yes. There's been far too much Autopilot rubbish being talked about in here recently.

HAND FLY.

So you're handflying your 74 from Frankfurt to Narita?

Besides that what has the moving map to do with the Autopilot? Nothing right?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Yes. There's been far too much Autopilot rubbish being talked about in here recently.

HAND FLY.

LOL Hand flying in sim for hours and hours? Do you have a bedpan? Food at hand?... I am more impressed that you can run it for that long without a crash to desktop. I am lucky to go 3 hours. 

Thanks but that has nothing to do with how MSFS works. Looks like you have too much time flying your cargo around.

Edited by ThomseN_inc

1 minute ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Thanks but that has nothing to do with how MSFS works. Looks like you have too much time flying your cargo around.

And how does MSFS work, then?

I have flown around Alaska (lots of weird terrain glitches up there) and also spent a fair bit of time exploring the freeware Iceland scenery but I am afraid that is as far North as I ever bothered to go. 

I do know NZPG and NZSP in Antarctica are missing.

2 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

And how does MSFS work, then?

We all know that the Systems represented in MSFS work barely how they should in terms of stability and reliability. I was asking if someone has encountered a similar problem in my OP and i just don't get your point telling my to handfly or learn to fly. Sorry mate, i'm a pilot myself but that doesn't change the fact that some things in MSFS go wrong along a 7 hours flight.

If you don't have anything else to do than trashtalk and troll i feel sad for you.

Maybe you should move on and let me see if i can get help of someone else.

Edited by ThomseN_inc
  • Like 1