Sign in to follow this  
Tims Sim

Adding Radio Frequencies

Hi,

I would like to add my own radio frequencies to VOXATC, these will be taken off the charts so that I can tune the radio without having to look at the VOXATC window. I can remember most of the procedures and so don't need the VOXATC window open, except to tune the frequencies for ATIS, Ground etc. I have a home cockpit and so the VOXATC window is not ideal in the outside view and of course remote panels does not work with P3D V5.

I am aware of the Roaming\Internal Workings\VOATC P3D V5\apdata folder. I plan to add non UK and those UK airports not included with VOXATC. My idea is to add the following text within suitable named xml files for a range of airports:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> 
<Airport ReplaceUnits="true">
  <ATSUApproach Name="cologne" Frequency="121.05" />
  <ATSUApproach Name="langen radar" Frequency="126.325" />
  <ATSUTower Name="cologne" Frequency="124.975" />
  <ATSUClearance Name="cologne" Frequency="121.85" />
  <ATSUGround Name="cologne" Frequency="121.725" />
  <ATIS Name="cologne" Frequency="119.025" />
</Airport>

These would be called, for example LGAV.xml

I notice that for some of the airports added by VOXATC i.e. EGGD, there is much more information than just radio frequencies. Does it matter if this is not included? 

Can I add multiple frequencies e.g Ground West, Ground North etc. Will VOXATC use these correctly?

Can I add for example:

ATSUApproach Name="Athens" Frequency="126.325" />
ATSUDeparture Name="Athens" Frequency="126.325" />  (I don't know if VOXATC can recognise 'Departure' I'm usually handed to 'Approach' or 'Radar' when departing.

Will VOXATC use these correctly i.e. departure when leaving, approach when arriving?

Do I need to run the indexer or is this separate from that?

Finally, can I give the details a name of my choice i.e. Athens is called 'Eleftherios Venzelos Ground', 'Eleftherios Venzelos Tower' when the info is drawn from P3D, but I'd rather call it 'Athens Ground', Athens Tower' etc., is this okay to do?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards

Dave 

Edited by Tims Sim

3 hours ago, egkkman said:

Can I add multiple frequencies e.g Ground West, Ground North etc. Will VOXATC use these correctly?

Dave

To answer, yes to all as best I know it including running the Indexer except multiple frequencies (though perhaps others can better inform how & if it can / could be done)

I'm currently trialling this feature at some asian airports with apparent success.

for now, cheers

john martin

Hi John,

Thanks for your useful reply, as usual 😉

I will create a few of the xml files with various frequencies, multiple, Departure/Approach etc and see how I get along, I'll report back.

I have another question, I notice that in some xml files there's the statement - "LARS=True"   Do you know what this means?

Thanks

Dave

2 hours ago, egkkman said:

"LARS=True"   Do you know what this means?

Dave

not sure .... though I suspect it is where one wishes to suppress Vox saying for example "Hong Kong Radar" Approach & just saying "Hong Kong Radar" (ie not saying the type of the callsign)

still trialling so can not confirm the above.

where's TW when we need him ?? 

for now, cheers

john martin

Hi John,

Ah I see. 

I've lost the 12V/5V bus on my sim so I'm looking into this today. As soon as I can do some trialling I will and will come back to you.

where's TW when we need him ?? 

👍

3 hours ago, egkkman said:

I notice that in some xml files there's the statement - "LARS=True"   Do you know what this means?

LARS | UK Civil Aviation Authority (caa.co.uk)

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Great Kevin thank you.

I won't need to add this myself since I do not fly GAs.

It makes you realise how full a package VOXATC is.

Regards

Dave

7 hours ago, egkkman said:

It makes you realise how full a package VOXATC is.

indeed, but  i can't even guess how voxatc uses this LARS parameter to "simulate" it ..... surely not that the frequency is only available weekday daylight & after 3 failed replies, you tune to ?? (but then maybe, in such a full package)

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

kevin

your above links are appreciated in "describing" what Voxatc may or may not be simulating (in UK/EU airspace) ..... but there's no clue from my perspective as to what is actually simulated.

i for one have many "questions" about what to expect on many Voxatc features as you well know ..... atc is not about guessing the unexpected, just planning for it as it's unfortunately & always on the bottom of one's list of expecteds..

eg

• why does a "descend via" only get successfully issued on a STAR without a transition .......................
  •  

for now, cheers

john martin

1 hour ago, vadriver said:

kevin

your above links are appreciated in "describing" what Voxatc may or may not be simulating (in UK/EU airspace) ..... but there's no clue from my perspective as to what is actually simulated.

I can't answer everything unfortunately!  The UK expansion pack is now included with the main product.  It would be great if the available manual was more explicit about this, I've tried to look out my old v6 installation DVDs to see if there's any official documentation I could quote from for you, but can't find it at the moment, sorry.

I'm snowed under with work and homeschooling so getting time to fly is really hard, but I'll see if I can find it later...and/or do a video of things at some point.  You could also try just doing a UK VFR flight and requesting a basic service as per CAP413?

1 hour ago, vadriver said:
  • why does a "descend via" only get successfully issued on a STAR without a transition ......................

Why not start a thread per question and tag TW in it?  The technicalities are outside my knowledge...

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 1

xaP1VAU.png

It's a shame the manual is not more explicit. I think there's a lot more already within VOXATC than we realise and if TW is going to further develop it and improve ground handling etc., then there really is nothing that comes close, IMHO anyway.

If only we can get the remote panels working again.................

I will try to test my changes to Bristol frequencies in the coming day or two and see if they work i.e. adding approach & departure frequencies. I'll let you know.

Thanks

Dave

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 10:44 AM, vadriver said:

what is actually simulated.

From TW:

"It's been a long time since I've done anything with UK VFR mainly due to alot of the frequencies now require 8.33 khz radios.

You should be able to request a basic or traffic service using the FIR or LARS frequencies and request DA crossing and MATZ penetration. The prompter should guide you on this.

The frequencies are set in the files in C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Internal Workings\VoxATC P3D 5\apdata and will be somewhat out of date."

• Like 1

xaP1VAU.png

@vadriver @egkkman + anyone else

I have updated the LARS freqs in the apdata folder files for the current LARS stations as per the current eAIP ENR6-11 eAIS Package United Kingdom (nats.co.uk)

https://www.aurora.nats.co.uk/htmlAIP/Publications/2020-12-31-AIRAC/graphics/159364.pdf

PM me with an email address if you'd like me to email you a small zip (7k) with the updated xml files.

Cheers K

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 1

xaP1VAU.png

Further to this: (on a slight tangent but related)

See code below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Airport ReplaceUnits="true">
  <ATSUApproach Name="bristol radar" Frequency="125.65" />
  <ATSUTower Name="bristol" Frequency="133.85" />
  <ATIS Name="bristol" Frequency="126.025" />
  <ReferencePoint Name="barrow tanks reservoirs" Departure="true" Arrival="true">
    <Position Latitude="N51*24.38'" Longitude="W002*39.77'" Altitude="0" Name="RP1" />
  </ReferencePoint>
  <ReferencePoint Name="bath" Departure="true" Arrival="true">
    <Position Latitude="N51*22.70'" Longitude="W002*21.42'" Altitude="0" Name="RP1" />
  </ReferencePoint>
  <ReferencePoint Name="cheddar reservoir" Departure="true" Arrival="true">
    <Position Latitude="N51*16.78'" Longitude="W002*48.08'" Altitude="0" Name="RP1" />
  </ReferencePoint>
  <ReferencePoint Name="chew valley" Departure="true" Arrival="true">
    <Position Latitude="N51*19.50'" Longitude="W002*35.70'" Altitude="0" Name="RP1" />
  </ReferencePoint>
  <ReferencePoint Name="churchill" Departure="true" Arrival="true">
    <Position Latitude="N51*20.00'" Longitude="W002*47.60'" Altitude="0" Name="RP1" />
  </ReferencePoint>
  <ReferencePoint Name="clevedon" Departure="true" Arrival="true">
    <Position Latitude="N51*26.35'" Longitude="W002*51.08'" Altitude="0" Name="RP1" />
  </ReferencePoint>
  <ReferencePoint Name="east nailsea" Departure="true" Arrival="true">
    <Position Latitude="N51*25.80'" Longitude="W002*44.10'" Altitude="0" Name="RP1" />
  </ReferencePoint>
  <ReferencePoint Name="hicks gate roundabout" Departure="true" Arrival="true">
    <Position Latitude="N51*25.52'" Longitude="W002*31.00'" Altitude="0" Name="RP1" />
  </ReferencePoint>
  <ReferencePoint Name="portishead" Departure="true" Arrival="true">
    <Position Latitude="N51*29.70'" Longitude="W002*46.42'" Altitude="0" Name="RP1" />
  </ReferencePoint>
  <ReferencePoint Name="radstock" Departure="true" Arrival="true">
    <Position Latitude="N51*17.53'" Longitude="W002*26.92'" Altitude="0" Name="RP1" />
  </ReferencePoint>
  <ReferencePoint Name="weston super mare" Departure="true" Arrival="true">
    <Position Latitude="N51*20.70'" Longitude="W002*58.33'" Altitude="0" Name="RP1" />
  </ReferencePoint>
  <HoldPointExtras>
    <HoldPointExtra Name="golf xray" HasStopLights="true" StopLightsDefaultOn="true">
      <Position Latitude="51.3828908679745" Longitude="-2.733420214442" Altitude="0.0" />
    </HoldPointExtra>
    <HoldPointExtra Name="golf xray" HasStopLights="true" StopLightsDefaultOn="true">
      <Position Latitude="51.3828908679745" Longitude="-2.733420214442" Altitude="0.0" />
    </HoldPointExtra>
    <HoldPointExtra Name="golf four" HasStopLights="true" StopLightsDefaultOn="false">
      <Position Latitude="51.3842303893901" Longitude="-2.72054051047114" Altitude="0.0" />
    </HoldPointExtra>
    <HoldPointExtra Name="foxtrot xray" HasStopLights="true" StopLightsDefaultOn="true">
      <Position Latitude="51.3832424165813" Longitude="-2.72263797974364" Altitude="0.0" />
    </HoldPointExtra>
    <HoldPointExtra Name="delta xray" HasStopLights="true" StopLightsDefaultOn="true">
      <Position Latitude="51.3835333533593" Longitude="-2.71499581160724" Altitude="0.0" />
    </HoldPointExtra>
    <HoldPointExtra Name="bravo xray" HasStopLights="true" StopLightsDefaultOn="true">
      <Position Latitude="51.3839758197093" Longitude="-2.70730608710649" Altitude="0.0" />
    </HoldPointExtra>
    <HoldPointExtra Name="alpha xray" HasStopLights="true" StopLightsDefaultOn="true">
      <Position Latitude="51.38374549476" Longitude="-2.70498528019399" Altitude="0.0" />
    </HoldPointExtra>
    <HoldPointExtra Name="hotel xray" HasStopLights="true" StopLightsDefaultOn="true">
      <Position Latitude="51.3815907442475" Longitude="-2.71290078439074" Altitude="0.0" />
    </HoldPointExtra>
    <HoldPointExtra Name="juliet xray" HasStopLights="true" StopLightsDefaultOn="true">
      <Position Latitude="51.3822362602239" Longitude="-2.70848259080542" Altitude="0.0" />
    </HoldPointExtra>
  </HoldPointExtras>
</Airport>

Should be relatively easy to add VRP waypoints and holds from public AIP data for UK airports for Vox to use accurately 🙂

xaP1VAU.png