Sign in to follow this  
furrer411

Version 2.6.2.0 with extended ai traffic

Hi. Dave,

Could you please describe in some words what you mean with

Version 2.6.2.0 Enables X-Plane 11.5+ extended AI Traffic?

Thanks an best regards 

Markus

Edited by furrer411

Until version 11.5, X-Plane could only show 19 AI Aircraft to external programs.

They made some changes and now, they can show 63 and P2A can see them.

Dave

Thanks for the explanation. Do you have an idea why I do not see any aircrafts in the map display? All buttons for displaying traffic are set to on. In toliss aircraft I see the aircrafts in the display but not in P2A. I'm using world traffic and have not enabled the ai aircrafts in the xplane menu. Do I have  to enable the ai aircrafts?

AI aircraft option in x-plane isn't necessary. If possible, set the TCAS option in world traffic and you need to install the XP-Link Plugin from P2ATC. Look on page 85 of the User Guide Operations manual for instructions on setting it up.  The manuals are in the Documentation folder of the installation.

Regards, Yannick

Thank you Yannick.

I did not recognize that there is an update of the documentation.

Best Regards,

Markus

Edited by furrer411

Hi again,

sorry, but I do not know what I'm doing wrong.

I have read the new documentation and have installed and setup the P2A AI plugin as described in the documentation.

WT settings are also OK (I think).

I have restarted Xplane as well as Pilot2ATC but I cannot see the traffic. In Xplane I'm at LSZH (Zürich) where I see WT planes moving on the ground.

It would be nice if someone could help me. I have made 3 screenshots. Maybe this will help.

link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g3ponvyfpr2iley/AAAJeav7hKb-1CBordkyd6owa?dl=0

Thank you!

13 hours ago, furrer411 said:

Hi again,

sorry, but I do not know what I'm doing wrong.

I have read the new documentation and have installed and setup the P2A AI plugin as described in the documentation.

WT settings are also OK (I think).

I have restarted Xplane as well as Pilot2ATC but I cannot see the traffic. In Xplane I'm at LSZH (Zürich) where I see WT planes moving on the ground.

It would be nice if someone could help me. I have made 3 screenshots. Maybe this will help.

link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g3ponvyfpr2iley/AAAJeav7hKb-1CBordkyd6owa?dl=0

Thank you!

Hi Markus

Maybe there is a problem with world traffic, I can't test it because I use Traffic global. I just saw that you need the new world traffic beta with the newer TCAS option, you can find it here:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/223767-wt-320rc4-for-windowsmac-for-all-versions-of-xp-11-with-or-without-vulcan/

Another option just for testing is to download the free Live traffic plugin and set there the TCAS option to on.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/49749-livetraffic/

I tested this, too and in Pilot2ATC I can see all planes. So you can find out if there is a problem with P2A or the traffic plugin.

In my cases, I can also see all traffic on the original x-plane Map, activated by "m" key. In Pilot2ATC the new Traffic option is working well for me. Hope this helps.

Regards, Yannick

6 hours ago, fidelio1976 said:

Hi Markus

Maybe there is a problem with world traffic, I can't test it because I use Traffic global. I just saw that you need the new world traffic beta with the newer TCAS option, you can find it here:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/223767-wt-320rc4-for-windowsmac-for-all-versions-of-xp-11-with-or-without-vulcan/

Another option just for testing is to download the free Live traffic plugin and set there the TCAS option to on.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/49749-livetraffic/

I tested this, too and in Pilot2ATC I can see all planes. So you can find out if there is a problem with P2A or the traffic plugin.

In my cases, I can also see all traffic on the original x-plane Map, activated by "m" key. In Pilot2ATC the new Traffic option is working well for me. Hope this helps.

Regards, Yannick

Hi Yannick,

thanks for the info. I'm already using WT BETA with TCAS but I also habe Traffic Global. Si I will switch from WT to Traffic Global and will test if it is working with Traffic Global.

Best regards,

Markus

Hi,

I can confirm that the new TCAS integration is working with World Traffic 3.2.0rc4, I see all the planes in P2A.

While experimenting with the feature, I encountered some quirks where P2A would not pick up the traffic, but in summary I think it's more a World Traffic issue, but not sure.

- When you resync in WT while TCAS is OFF, P2A will not pick up the traffic until you disable & enable WT traffic and TCAS once. Probably this triggers the P2A plugin to synchronize with the traffic data again.

- When you resync WT while TCAS is ON, P2A will always pick up the traffic, but some planes will not be announced to TCAS. I believe this is a World Traffic problem.

I usually turn TCAS OFF, then resync, then TCAS ON to make TCAS pick up all WT planes. This is so far unrelated of P2A and only meant to have TCAS pick up all WT planes. However, with this procedure, the P2A plugin will NOT synchronize with the data.

My new procedure is: While TCAS is ON, resync WT. Then turn TCAS OFF and ON again to resync TCAS. P2A will now pick up all planes.

The procedure when P2A does not want to pick up any planes anymore, which I had only once so far: TCAS ON, resync WT, disable & enable WT processing, TCAS OFF & ON, wait a few seconds, P2A will now pick the traffic up.

You can use the World Traffic menu for these actions or the integrated menu in A-Better-Camera, which offers everything in one place.

After fiddling with the settings, I just did a short 30 minutes flight, and traffic worked perfectly in Pilot2ATC. I did not do a longer flight yesterday. From past experience, it may be necessary to resync World Traffic occasionally.

I know this sounds totally confusing. 🙂 Been experimenting yesterday evening with it and these were my findings. However, World Traffic <-> Pilot2ATC integration does work, which makes me very happy as that was the major problem I had with Pilot2ATC, which is now resolved. A huge Thank You to Dave!

I do not own TrafficGlobal, so I cannot comment on that.

Peter

I have tested it with Traffic Global. Now I see airborne as well as ground traffic!!!.

With World Traffic I see nothing. But now I will test what Peter has written in the previous post.

Thank you Peter for the Info. I will let you know if our procedure is working with WT.

Markus

Update: I have tried all procedures but with World Traffic I cannot see any traffic. 

I guess we have to wait until the final WT 3.2.0 will be available.

Best regards,

Markus

Edited by furrer411

Really no idea why it works for me but not for you. Just did a complete flight with WT and P2A and had the new traffic. The only thing I noticed is that P2A seems to "lose" planes over time, which may hint that it does not pick up planes newly added by World Traffic during the flight, as they come and go. Also P2A warned me about a plane which did not exist in the game (not on TCAS, map nor LittleNavMap), this might support the that theory as World Traffic removes planes which is not caught by the P2A plugin. So there might be room for further improvement with the P2A plugin. It might also be related to TCAS not picking up the new WT planes instead, in that case nothing to improve in P2A.

Doing the occasional TCAS off&on trick helped to resync everything.

So overall World Traffic sort of works, with hiccups where manual intervention is required, which is slightly annoying but still a huge improvement to the old 19 planes, so I am not going to complain. Also WT 3.2 is still in beta, so there might be known issues. Yet, it does not explain why I see the planes and you do not, which is odd.

TrafficGlobal may work better, I don't know, but I am definately not willing to purchase a second traffic addon when you can only use one at the same time. But I might give Live Traffic a go for testing and see if it is more inconsitent.

P2A gets the AI Traffic info from X-Plane, sampling every 1/2 second.  The traffic engine is responsible for adding, deleting and updating the traffic in X-Plane.  Each traffic engine might do this in different ways, so traffic not being removed, etc. is most likely due to the process used by the traffic engine to maintain the pool of 63 X-Plane AI Aircraft.

Dave

AI traffic is working well with Just Flight Traffic Global, after I found out what additional configuration that was needed. Dave I recommend mentioning the updated manual and AI traffic setup tab in the release notes for existing users. 

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

I can confirm that AI traffic is working with Just Flight Traffic Global. 

With World Traffic I see no Traffic in P2A but I see the traffic in the world traffic radar screen AS WELL AS in the Xplane Map Display! So xplane knows about the traffic but P2A not. Maybe there is still a problem with P2A when reading TCAS Data from Xplane?

Best regards,

Markus

No, there is no problem in P2A reading the traffic.  If WT publishes it correctly to appear in the X-Plane 63 AI Aircraft, P2A can see it.