Sign in to follow this  
fscats

M20J in Prepar3d V5 and MSFS2020

I have imported the Carenado M20J from my Steam FSX into both Prepar3d V5 and MSFS2020 (note I imported into P3Dv5 first then from there into MSFS2020).  Although the plane is (VFR) flyable, a great many of the instruments are missing from the dashboard.  When I turn on content logging for prepar3d, it is quickly obvious that the issue is the gauges are all in 32 bit dlls (Money20F0.dll, Money20F1.dll, Money20F2.dll .... and  RadioMoney.dll), and "A 64 bit version is required".  Is it possible to recompile the Money M20J as 64 bit, so it fully works in P3Dv5 and msfs 2020?

Note, I have purchased the newer Carenado Mooney's for P3Dv5 and MSFS2020, but I fly a M20J in real life and really am not interested in the higher horse power, glass cockpit versions of the Mooney.

• Upvote 1

Similar story over here. I’m looking for M20J that will work with either of the simulators (P3D or XPlane 11). I even got Xplane version of M20J but it is unstable for me. Since I need it to support my IFR training and currency, I need something that works with pilot edge (FSX/P3D or Xplane 11) and has IFR GPS - preferably GNS 430 or IFD 440. 

@fscats, were you able to address your needs?

@dominikos unfortunately I have no replies from anyone.  Considering building my own instruments for this, but I would be leery of sharing and potentially running afoul of licensing.  I would much more appreciate Carenado porting the plane.  I am sure there are many many more real life users of the M20J than the M20R.

Adding another message to see if anyone from Carenado will reply.  Just FYI, there are a grand total of 402 real M20R's registered in the USA to date, there are 1,406 M20J's still registered of the 1,634 built.  Is there any interest from Carenado in supporting the M20J in either Prepar3d V5 or MSFS 2020?  Even if it is a low fidelity update of the FS9 version?

Yeah... I don't think Carenado even look at this forum.

You'd probably be better off building your own instruments, then you could release them as a mod.

Many different people have been building mods for Carenado planes to enhance the basic functionality.

Myself I released a sound package for the C208B as it had no cockpit switch sounds.

UTube Vid of sounds

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Hello,

Did you have any luck as I would love the M20j in Prepar3d v5

Dave