Sign in to follow this  
fatheadblack

PM not operating MCDU/GPU

Hi,  Banging my head against a brick wall. Recently purchased product. However the PM doesn't appear to be completing the pre-flight correctly. Shouldn't he request for the GPU to be connected and turn it on? The PM turns on the batteries and performs a fire check but nothing else. (I have the APU set to be controlled by user.) P3D loads into a default aircraft and I have set the panel state to Cold and Dark. I have also reset the mouse Macros. Not sure what I might be doing wrong?

Thank you for the response. I was sure I had seen a video where the PM called for the GPU to be connected before running it. I must have been mistaken, my apologies.

I have looked at the suggested page in the manual and am now confused as just before there is this instruction:

"IMPORTANT: AFTER LOADING THE PANEL STATE FILE, DO NOT MANUALLY CONNECT POWER TO THE AIRCRAFT IF USING THE FS2CREW PRE-FLIGHT EVENTS. LET THE FS2CREW PILOT SET EVERYTHING UP FOR YOU OTHERWISE FS2CREW COULD WIND UP ‘TURNING OFF’ YOUR POWER SOURCE. THIS IS BECAUSE CERTAIN SWITCHES CANNOT BE READ IN THE PLANE, SUCH AS THE STATE OF THE EXT AVAIL/ON LIGHT."

This seems to suggest that FS2CREW will set up the external power?

Hello..  I am having the same problem.  The FO never turns on the External Power even when loading the GPU state.  I have tried several times now with both GPU and cold and dark, but the button is never pushed during preflight, just APU when i have that option on.

Suggestions?  Is this a bug?  I just bought your software and this is extremely annoying.

Also where in the tutorial docs does it say that the CM says "confirm chocks are in", i don't see it.

Edited by Heathrow to Dublin

On 1/22/2021 at 10:08 PM, byork said:

Please try using the GPU panel state, not Cold and Dark.

The FS2Crew FO should press the EXT power button on the overhead if the GPU is available.

Cheers,

As a follow up, this doesn't work.  Unless I'm doing something wrong, but I don't think so.  

38 minutes ago, Heathrow to Dublin said:

Hello..  I am having the same problem.  The FO never turns on the External Power even when loading the GPU state.  I have tried several times now with both GPU and cold and dark, but the button is never pushed during preflight, just APU when i have that option on.

Suggestions?  Is this a bug?  I just bought your software and this is extremely annoying.

Also where in the tutorial docs does it say that the CM says "confirm chocks are in", i don't see it.

Are you using original panel state files or did you modify them?

It's important the original Labs panel cfg files be used.  Sometimes users accidentally save over them.

Also, please look at page 4 in the manual.

Ensure it doesn't apply.

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=fslabs_airbus

2 hours ago, byork said:

Are you using original panel state files or did you modify them?

It's important the original Labs panel cfg files be used.  Sometimes users accidentally save over them.

Also, please look at page 4 in the manual.

Ensure it doesn't apply.

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=fslabs_airbus

I didn't save over the states.

I load the plane and then set the default GPU state, then I turn off the external power button so that the co pilot may activate. Then i run fs2crew preflight.  The CM never turns on the power.  He goes to fire=test/APU directly and never pushes that button even though it says "avail".   I never connected any power manually like page 4 says, I just load the state which has the GPU connected.  I have tried with cold and dark too, with no results.  

Thanks

22 minutes ago, byork said:

That's the problem there.

Don't turn it off. FS2Crew assumes it's on.

Like the OP i wanted the co-pilot to start the ext. power himself from cold/dark cockpit, when the power is off.

Thanks.

On 1/22/2021 at 10:08 PM, byork said:

Please try using the GPU panel state, not Cold and Dark.

The FS2Crew FO should press the EXT power button on the overhead if the GPU is available.

Cheers,

You said he should turn on the EXT button...  So if its off he won't push it?  

I need the co=pilot to turn on the power himself when the power is OFF.  

If I use GPU panel state, the external power is already on, so what's the point?   Again, I wanted the co-pilot to turn on the external power himself on start up when the power says "avail".  On GPU panel state that button is already on.  I have seen this happen on youtube videos with other users.  They start with cold and dark with the GPU connected, and then during preflight the copilot turns it on.

In this post below you said it was ok to start using "cold and dark".

Gpu - FS2CREW: FLIGHT SIM LABS AIRBUS - The AVSIM Community

Another problem is when the chocks are out, the FO says 'confirm chocks' and ground says he's going to put them in, the GPU gets disconnected for some reason.

I reinstalled Fslabs and Fs2crew and there is no difference btw.