Sign in to follow this  
Pitter

Newbee with v4,5 question

Hi all

just made the move to v4.5 and would like to remove/delete all stock airplane except one for the start-up.

Can I do that or will I face problems

Tks for advice

Peter

The question is why? There's no reason to bother with such a thing. If you're concerned about the long list of aircraft obscuring the one you want to find when chosing a vehicle, just use the search and favorite functions.

Edited by andreh

Yes you can do that, but I would not advise.

Go to your P3D folder, go to Simobjects, and simply delete/cut the planes who don't want and store them in another folder.

@TrevorS

That sounds good to me. W´l do that

Tks, Peter

May I suggest you don't touch anything there as consequences in your airplane add-ons may occur.

In the "select vehicle" P3D menu, simply select with the yellow star your favorite airplanes that you wish to use including your add-ons and specific liveries, once you have done that, select "Show only favorites" in your P3D airplane menu and you will only find those airplanes you want, simply forget about the others you won't have to go through that list again except whenever you install a new airplane add-on or livery, you will need to go to the standard list and put the yellow star to each of the new airplanes or liveries.

But once again dont "disturb" your list of stock airplanes as you might regret it later.

• Like 1

One of the things you need to be aware of is that some add-on aeroplanes reference default ones, so they might use perhaps the stall buzzer sound from a default aeroplane or something like that, by having the config file for your add-on plane link to the sound of the default plane, or its config file and if those things are gone, it'll mean your add-on plane will lack some functions. 

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Ok Guys, overruled.

I will left them and go with the "show only favorites"

Tks for such great tips

Peter