Sign in to follow this  
PebbleBeach

FOLKS, I need your help. Calling on Video Guru's

For the past many years, we've had (5) windowed displays in FS2004 providing our outside windows views in our simulator. (2) individual Matrox Triplehead2go boxes ran all these displays off of (1) super computer.

The first Triplehead ran the (3) front views. The second Triplehead ran the (2) side displays. Worked Great!!!

That said, In January of this year 2021, we decided to remove the (3) front displays (including the Triplehead) and replace it with a Samsung 49" CHG so as to remove the unsightly bezels. The front display looks great.

THE PROBLEM: We cannot get the front display to blend with the side displays. Nothing close after many attempts. 

I have provided a image to better explain the past setup to include the new setup. 

Please... Only those who understand zoom levels, angles, and multi-monitor knowledge. Thank you.

Mitch

I previously used (3) 24" panels before moving to a single ultrawide myself. Once I added a 4th monitor to the side (my video card only supported 4 output) while I agree the side view was not as great a transition as the front 3, I do not remember it being so bad either. Are you not able do undock side views and place them on surrounding screens and adjust the zoom levels to compensate? I was using FSX at the time not FS2004. Not sure if they had different capabilities.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

Greetings,

I've recently upgraded to a new computer to allow me to run MSFS2020 and had been an FS2004 user since inception.

I ditched my 3 x 27" Samsung 275T's for a new Samsung RG90 49" display and I must say it's great!
Have you tried using the NVIDIA Quadro View?
https://www.nvidia.com/en-au/design-visualization/software/quadro-view/

Cheers,

Ralf.. 

Flight Simulator - MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 Pro |  HDD - 1 x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVME M.2 (OS) - 1 x WD Blue 1TB NVME M.2 (Software) - 1 x WD Blue (SMR) 2TB 3.5 SATA (Storage) | Main Board - MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK | CPU - AMD Ryzen 7, 5800X (3.8Ghz) Un-clocked | RAM - 64GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo RGB DDR4 3600Mhz | Video Card - MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming X TRIO 10GB Monitor - SAMSUNG 49" LC49RG90 ULTRAWIDE | VR Headset - HP Reverb G2 |  Case - Corsair 5000D Airflow | CPU Cooling - Corsair ICUE H115i Elite Cappelix 280MM | Power Supply - Gigabyte AORUS AP850GM 850W 
Controls - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke & Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant + Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus Edition + CH Products Pro Pedals 

f70zmw-6.png

On 1/28/2021 at 4:19 PM, TurboKen said:

I previously used (3) 24" panels before moving to a single ultrawide myself. Once I added a 4th monitor to the side (my video card only supported 4 output) while I agree the side view was not as great a transition as the front 3, I do not remember it being so bad either. Are you not able do undock side views and place them on surrounding screens and adjust the zoom levels to compensate? I was using FSX at the time not FS2004. Not sure if they had different capabilities.

TurboKen, yes sir. That is how our previous visuals in the simulator were created. With our (3) front monitors (Triplehead2go), and our (2) side monitors (a 2nd triplehead2go), we were able to get a seemless 180° viewing platform. Undocking each window view, (5 in total), and setting up the windows in the panel.cfg to view as follows:

Left front view: -45°
Front view: 0°
Right front view: 45°
Left side view: -90°
Right side view: 90°

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Qantas81 said:

Greetings,

I've recently upgraded to a new computer to allow me to run MSFS2020 and had been an FS2004 user since inception.

I ditched my 3 x 27" Samsung 275T's for a new Samsung RG90 49" display and I must say it's great!
Have you tried using the NVIDIA Quadro View?
https://www.nvidia.com/en-au/design-visualization/software/quadro-view/

Cheers,

Ralf.. 

Ralf,

Thank you sir for your reply. I deeply appreciate it. I looked over the "Quadro-Pro" link you provided and do not see how that would fix our issue. Perhaps I misunderstood the power of this software. Nonetheless, I thank you for your reply and if you have further suggestions I am all ears....

Thank you Ralf.

Flight Simulator - MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 Pro |  HDD - 1 x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVME M.2 (OS) - 1 x WD Blue 1TB NVME M.2 (Software) - 1 x WD Blue (SMR) 2TB 3.5 SATA (Storage) | Main Board - MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK | CPU - AMD Ryzen 7, 5800X (3.8Ghz) Un-clocked | RAM - 64GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo RGB DDR4 3600Mhz | Video Card - MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming X TRIO 10GB Monitor - SAMSUNG 49" LC49RG90 ULTRAWIDE | VR Headset - HP Reverb G2 |  Case - Corsair 5000D Airflow | CPU Cooling - Corsair ICUE H115i Elite Cappelix 280MM | Power Supply - Gigabyte AORUS AP850GM 850W 
Controls - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke & Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant + Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus Edition + CH Products Pro Pedals 

f70zmw-6.png