Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

Snow Geese...

Snow geese are by far the most numerous geese that winter at the Bitter Lake Refuge.  We get a few Canada geese, but not in as large flocks as the snow geese.  Sandhill cranes are the second most numerous waterfowl that winter here.  I'll talk about them next week.

I sold the first picture of the three snow geese taking off several times.  One of the ladies who volunteered at the refuge ran a small advertising agency and seemed to like that picture and suggested it to some of her clients.

Noel

XXXSnow Geese (8).JPG

xxxSnow Geese (12).JPG

XXXSnow Geese (13).JPG

XXXSnow Geese (15).JPG

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Wonderful shots, Noel !  

I have always envied waterbirds. Flying and sailing. What more to wish for éh ?. 🙂

• Like 1

Jan

Great formation flying in the first two shots! Fourth shot looks like utter chaos at first glance, but look again, the geese are all pointing the same way... :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Thanks Noel. Added a few more Noel bird pics to my screensaver !

Sue

You are certainly welcome Sue, as is everyone.  I have about 1,000 pictures I took just sitting here in my computer.  I'm glad to share them.

Noel

• Like 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.