Sign in to follow this  
hawkhero

Tug tells me to release parking brake, not connected

This is essentially a function of the sim which the add-on has to work with, so I think we have to accept that this is somewhat unavoidable, at least at this point until possibly there is an SDK work around function for it to be more realistic.

In reality as you may know, you'd never release the parking brake before connecting, or even remove the chocks before doing so and you'd also connect the tug well prior to the time to push because checking the tug and bar connection is part of the pre-departure walkaround check, and all this is for the very reason you said, i.e. the plane could start rolling. In fact the parking brake does not get released until the headset guy sees the anti-collision beacons go on (since this is a warning to everyone that the aeroplane may move) and he hears on the radio that the aeroplane is cleared to push out, and he has checked the aeroplane is clear behind and a person is in the road behind the plane with marshalling wands stopping traffic. And even then when he asks the crew to release the parking brake, he has to hear the crew confirm they have released the brake and he has to acknowledge this back to them. At that point he signals the tug driver to release his brakes and that's when the push actually commences. Then he waits until the aeroplane is pushed clear of the stand and over the road behind it, and then he can allow the crew to crank the engines.

What you can do to help a bit, is release the parking brake but hold the plane on the wheel brakes. This is why I have the wheel brake function mapped to the number 1 trigger button on my joystick. Or if you have rudder pedals with toe brakes, you can use that too. It's not super realistic of course, but it's just something we have to live with at the moment.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here