Sign in to follow this  
Rob1n

Vatsim Vpilot modelmatching

I just feel that it's important for others that don't know that he didn't actually make it himself. Yes, it takes a ridiculous amount of hours to create your own custom AI setup, I myself have one that I built and maintained by hand for close to 15 years until the AI Manager came along. But I didn't make any of it, I just put it together. The time and effort I spent doing that is nothing compared to what it takes for the guys who actually create the models and the repaints etc.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

13 minutes ago, LGAVLGKO said:

How long if you don't mind my asking? Because it normally takes a few hours if you install all of the flightplans, and you have a very nice AI collection. Assuming that you gave some time to go through the documentation and requirements. 

A couple ppl from the BoG at Vatsim told me early last week it is still a work in progress....nothing more known. 

Eric 

2 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

I just feel that it's important for others that don't know that he didn't actually make it himself. Yes, it takes a ridiculous amount of hours to create your own custom AI setup, I myself have one that I built and maintained by hand for close to 15 years until the AI Manager came along. But I didn't make any of it, I just put it together. The time and effort I spent doing that is nothing compared to what it takes for the guys who actually create the models and the repaints etc.

Yeah, I started building my custom AI sine the FS2004 days, and still maintain it with airlines that are not included in OCI and update it manually from time to time. The point in my opinion is not to report something. Either way if someone wants to share his collection, one can do it privately, and noone can do anything about it. But as Dave wrote, the process of creating models, repaints etc is very time consuming and frustrating sometimes, and it would be nice to take some time and visit the sites of those freeware developers. Speaking for myself, even if I install automatically with OCI, I find a few minutes to check the textures. After all, chances are that some of these, I will never spot them in my sim. 

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

You gathered and put together yourself from the various freeware resources already available I'm assuming. 😉 

yes over ten plus years,

anyone else can go onto the freeware websites where ive downloaded them from over the last 10 years, then they can, 

if they want to donate to the repainters they can. 

if they want to write on their websites how wonderful they can.  

If the repainters didnt want people to download them, then maybe, just maybe they shouldnt of put them up on the websites themselves hoping that people would you know, download them.

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

59 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

I just feel that it's important for others that don't know that he didn't actually make it himself. 

please Dave show me ANY POST I have made since  2012, where I have ever said I repainted something  or created a model.

any post or topic.  Im waiting.  

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

show me ANY POST I have made since  2012, where I have ever said I repainted something  or created a model.

Lol, come on. While I know that, we know that most users don't search the forums and it's very clear as well that many users don't have any idea if you have or haven't done the paint work or modeling yourself.

I never said or implied that it was wrong in any way, it's just important for everyone to understand where it all comes from.

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

On 2/7/2021 at 10:57 AM, fluffyflops said:

I have an ai pack which I made myself.  Let me know if your interested.  

Could i get that as well please?

Thx

UPS123.png