Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Version 21.6

PSXseeconTraffic and PSXT_MSFS version 21.6 are available.

Note: Early downloaders: make sure you have Learner version 1.4, otherwise re-download, Learner 1.3 contained a bug.

hello, the new version you have announced is not disponible to download. your page stills says 21.5 version. 

could you arrange it'

thanks!

50 minutes ago, abranpuko said:

hello, the new version you have announced is not disponible to download. your page stills says 21.5 version. 

could you arrange it'

thanks!

I had the same problem, seems like the site was stuck in the cache, reloading several times helped 🙂

Thanks for the update Nico! Any chance you can give us some info about the different matching levels?

And just a quick idea for a possible update: Maybe the "randomness" of parked aircraft could be influenced by the number of available registrations instead of the available aircraft entries? For example Horizon (for Alaska) has several special paints (12 single entries), old colors (10 reg entries incl 2 with " * ") and new colors (7 regs). I added the special tag to the special liveries but now they hardly ever get parked at all but with about 1/4th of all aircraft in the fleet having a special paint the chances should be higher? It would also improve the matching for all airlines that have more than one paintjob on the same aircraft, statistically speaking...
Also I noted that if there is a live plane without its reg code in the ai_liveries matched it gets randomly matched with the available liveries of the same type, eventhough some have a reg info and some dont. Maybe if there are more then one matching option PSXT could choose the one without any reg at all?

Thanks and best regards 😄

5 hours ago, DLH7LA said:

Any chance you can give us some info about the different matching levels?

I have (revised)  text about that in chapter 10. Is not that sufficient?

Do note that matching levels are not a new thing, they always have been there. The only new thing is that you can now let PSXT stop searching for a less better alternative at any level, while before you could only suppress/include  no type matches....

Edited by kiek

7 hours ago, abranpuko said:

could you arrange it'

The problem probably  is on your end, with a cached lekseecon page?, while it has been downloaded by others several time.

Also i see no problems at my end, so please retry.

7 hours ago, DLH7LA said:

And just a quick idea for a possible update: Maybe the "randomness" of parked aircraft could be influenced by the number of available registrations instead of the available aircraft entries? For example Horizon (for Alaska) has several special paints (12 single entries), old colors (10 reg entries incl 2 with " * ") and new colors (7 regs). I added the special tag to the special liveries but now they hardly ever get parked at all but with about 1/4th of all aircraft in the fleet having a special paint the chances should be higher? It would also improve the matching for all airlines that have more than one paintjob on the same aircraft, statistically speaking...
Also I noted that if there is a live plane without its reg code in the ai_liveries matched it gets randomly matched with the available liveries of the same type, eventhough some have a reg info and some dont. Maybe if there are more then one matching option PSXT could choose the one without any reg at all?

Thank you for bringing up ideas, it keeps me busy in these boring covid days... 😉

Special liveries are only used for matching a live aircraft, never for parked aircraft. The only time you will see a special livery at a gate is when a live aircraft departs or arrives (if it arrives it will be parked with the special livery,  ex. KLM733 becomes KLM733_ with the same special livery). At airports with ADS-B coverage at the ground this goes well, at airports without ground coverage you will never see a special livery parked. You have to take this into account  if you want to use the word special for the liveries of your favourite (home) airlines...

About your second suggestion. If you are keen on seeing the right livery for a live aircraft i'd suggest to give every livery a registration code, each [fltsim.x] section in aircraft.cfg should have an atc_id= key. At least that is what I did.  If you don't know the registration code of the livery you could use a freeware tool such as the AI-Aircraft editor to view the livery and read the registration code from the paint. In the traffc data stream most airliners have a registration code. If all liveries have registration codes your suggestion makes no sense.

Best regards,

Nico

8 hours ago, kiek said:

I have (revised)  text about that in chapter 10. Is not that sufficient?

And I did not read past chapter 4.4, my bad 😄 Thats exactly what I was looking for!

6 hours ago, kiek said:

Thank you for bringing up ideas, it keeps me busy in these boring covid days... 😉

Same here, I used to be on the ramp around 180h/month but with those few flights at the moment I can at least enjoy the traffic (where ever it is) in my sim! So I am super thankful that you concider and comment every of my (sometimes crazy) suggestions!

6 hours ago, kiek said:

Special liveries are only used for matching a live aircraft, never for parked aircraft.

Ok that makes sense now!

6 hours ago, kiek said:

About your second suggestion. If you are keen on seeing the right livery for a live aircraft i'd suggest to give every livery a registration code, each [fltsim.x] section in aircraft.cfg should have an atc_id= key. At least that is what I did.  If you don't know the registration code of the livery you could use a freeware tool such as the AI-Aircraft editor to view the livery and read the registration code from the paint. In the traffc data stream most airliners have a registration code. If all liveries have registration codes your suggestion makes no sense.

I see your point here, unfortunatly if I add 1 special livery to an airline, I have to add possibly hundreds of regs for the normal livery (But its more or less a onetime job so not impossible), this could be eliminated if PSXT has the choice between several textures it just skips the ones with only 1 reg if it is not at reg-match.
Maybe if the community works together it could be possible to create some kind of database (like here, unfortunatly I dont see a way to contribute to the site)...

Since update I now get error "45: airline or type for E5 missing"  Not sure what I am changing to correct this?  

Just now, knich said:

Since update I now get error "45: airline or type for E5 missing"  Not sure what I am changing to correct this?  

That is a result of a bug. Please download new version 21.7.

And to fix your problem: remove in the airport file where you were at gate E5 the entry that has not a complete <airl, type> pair.