Sign in to follow this  
Rick Todd

avro rj85?

Hello all,  I am new to this forum and fairly new at flight sim stuff.  I am looking for a quality Avro RJ85 sim product to stay proficient with instrument work.  I have all three platforms xplane, msft flightsim x and msft 2020.  I am having trouble getting  the quality wings avro platform to work correctly or for that matter to even recognize the aircraft.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

JustFlight have released a British Aerospace 146 package recently that seems to have a lot more depth to it than the Quality Wings package......and they are hard at work preparing an Avro RJ (70/85/100) expansion pack. Check it out at www.justflight.com.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Rick,  

As Christopher said the just flight 146 on P3D is the best out there and is only recently released however being the 146 it has electromechanical instruments not EFIS. That being said they are really good, smooth instruments to practice your scan with, the QW avro had rather low resolution PFD movement if I recall correctly.

I'm not sure when the Avro expansion is due, however the 146 is also being brought across to X-plane. In the mean time something like the airfoillabs KA350 kingair for x-plane offers a great instrument practice platform with a mix of basic EFIS and electromechanical instruments which are super smooth and realistic in their behavior, the flight model is first class as well.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Is this the P3D, X-Plane, or MSFS forum?

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Nothing available for MSFS yet but as mentioned the Just Flight Bae146 is excellent.  Currently available for P3D and coming soon to X-Plane.  Hopefully we’ll see it in MSFS someday.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Hi

We are looking to purchase the RJ85 add-on for P3Dv5 online. The package from QualityWings that we bought is not complete.

Can someone let us know where to get a more complete add-on for RJ85  ?

Thanks 

34 minutes ago, Thien said:

Hi

We are looking to purchase the RJ85 add-on for P3Dv5 online. The package from QualityWings that we bought is not complete.

Can someone let us know where to get a more complete add-on for RJ85  ?

Thanks 

Incomplete in what sense?

The QW RJ is a bit dated and I don't believe it officially supports V5, but I believe the RJ85 is there, if maybe not as in-depth regarding the systems as it could be.

In terms of other RJs I think you're out of luck but Just Flight have said they are interested in developing an RJ as a follow up to their 146, which they may release for v5 (though MSFS seems to be more of a priority for them these days).

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

for example, we can not pop-up the 2 FMS one for Capt side and one for the F/O 

the same thing for the EADI. Only 1 EADI instance can be populated

Thanks  

16 hours ago, Thien said:

for example, we can not pop-up the 2 FMS one for Capt side and one for the F/O 

the same thing for the EADI. Only 1 EADI instance can be populated

Thanks  

That's a limitation with the Simulation I'm afraid. Qualitywings aircraft aren't 'study-level' in the same way as aircraft from Developers like PMDG.

I'm not aware of any alternatives so unfortunately it's a case of putting up with the incompleteness or using a different aircraft. The closest you'll get to a properly 'study-level' sim of the RJ is the Just Flight Simulation of the older 146 models with the original Avionics.

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png