Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

T2G KIND Indianapolis Released 20210224

I downloaded the files again and these are the names:

TAXI2GATE_KIND-V1_P3DV4V5_2.exe

TAXI2GATE_KIND-V1_P3DV4V5-1.bin

TAXI2GATE_KIND-V1_P3DV4V5-2.bin

Do you think it has anything to do with the exe file name? Or the bin names?

I noticed the file names on the previous page where you click on them are not the same names as the downloaded files

Edited by mokeiko

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

The disk error is I think a byproduct of InnoSetup's (an installer creation tool) DiskSpanning / splicing feature. I remembered this error happening to me with a lot of other products that used InnoSetup like FSLab's Concorde, and one time FSDT's GSX.

I fixed it one time by running the installer in Windows XP compatibility mode, and for FSDT GSX, I just deleted the binary file it downloaded and redownloaded the installer. 

If that doesn't work, then copy the binary files to the folder that was set by the "setup needs the next disk" dialogue. I.e. run the installer and wait for that message to pop-up. Then, create the same directory to what the installer is looking for (in your case, Desktop\Taxi2Gate KIND\) then copy the binaries to that folder and then browse to the same folder. It should (hopefully) match the AFileName constant it's looking for in the function.

Edited by arwasairl

hi aaron,

Do you have the 3 files listed above and are the names exactly the same?

I think the exe file is wrong but then again I don't know how installers work. 

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

10 hours ago, mokeiko said:

hi aaron,

Do you have the 3 files listed above and are the names exactly the same?

I think the exe file is wrong but then again I don't know how installers work. 

It depends on how the installer was scripted, but assuming it was using the normal methods documented by JR, then the .exe file name does matter. When setting up DiskSpanning in InnoSetup, it's just a toggle of Yes or No, and when compiling the setup it will automatically split the files into slices of binary files, which are automatically named by the setup compiler.

The error message is a bit misleading as it's asking for TAXI2GATE_KIND-V1_P3DV4V5_2-1-1.bin but the end numbers only represent which disk and which order the binary file should be used in. 
Assuming that the compiler is only supposed to append a dash and a number after the setup's filename, try removing the "_2" from the end of the .exe's file name. 

Edited by arwasairl

I tried removing the -2 from the exe, it was one of the first things I did to troubleshoot. When i removed the -2, I didn't get any errors or messages when I right clicked, opened as administrator. It was only when I entered my email and key info, then clicked the "next" button, nothing happened. 

It was when support told me to rename the bin files when I got caught in a rabbit hole of more error messages about renaming the bin files with extensions like .1-2 then .1--2-1, etc. 

I was using google Chrome with Internet Download Manager at the time when I downloaded these files. I never encountered any issues using this browser and extension. I was instructed to use a different browser so I will try that and see if that resolves the -2.exe naming problem I am having.

Thank you for your insight, greatly appreciated.

fly safe

Francisco Blas

32 minutes ago, mokeiko said:

support told me to rename the bin files

You shouldn't need to, as the setup compiler is supposed to rename them correctly. It isn't until you rename them that the setup's binary check fails because of a different file name from what it's expecting.

• Like 1