Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

Today's Library __> no FSX uploads ....

This is not good.No uploads at all for anything FSX.Not good at all, no development...al

Guest 67C VJPL

What? you think you push a button and a plane pops out of 3DS ...It take hundreds of hours for the entire process , this girl is getting along and should be on the servers in January .grand39.jpgThe majority of developers are " messing " with the recent updateand there are a lot of guests looking over the FFDS forums scroungingup solutions to the multiple error messages you get until its set up..been a whole two weeks since the sdk got out , in 6 weeks there shouldbe a real harvest of first efforts ,, warts and all

Well said 67C...nice looking bird btw.Peppy, it's hardly fair to complain that people aren't producing FREE stuff to be posted on a FREE website fast enough now is it? If it's free, it means that the author probably has a day job, and that means it takes even more time. You should be thankful that there's anything to download at all.Try writing a single simple gauge in XML from scratch, then mutliply that effort by about ten thousand, and you have some idea of what it takes to create an aircraft for Flight Simulator.A single day without uploads for FSX hardly justifies that doom and gloom attitude about it. Relax mate.

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations

I was not complaining about developers ineptitude...or slowness...but FSX's tough resistance for the unfolding of these new add-ons.....

Is that an Ilya Mourometz???RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I knew that's what you were doing...trying to put the poker in the fire about how there are not many addons for FSX. That's not too nice of you, nor is it accurate, nor is it any different than with the previous release (FS2004).Just as the above poster, I too have an FSX development I am working on, and it's quite far along and going quite well.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Len

I agree with the OP. So what, you do freeware and it takes time? No need to personalize his observations.His point was that there was nothing today. And FS9 was not the same. FS9 didn't have the issues of airport building chronicled by some airport makers earlier when FSX was released. In my opinion there is less enthusiasm about this version because of performance issues. Payware developers as well will have to take it in the pocketbook because many users will not be able to run payware planes on their already taxed systems. I have no overhead I can afford to give to an addon plane if it isn't default like in performance.

Guest 67C VJPL

" Is that an Ilya Mourometz??? "RhettYou have a good eye , its the prototype The Sikorsky Russky Vityaz ("Русский витязь" in Russian, or Russian Knight), also called Le Grand, the first four-engine aircraft in the world, designed and built by Igor Sikorsky in Russia in the spring of 1913. Animated down to the gears , valves , pushrods , springs ,blowersand every control wire .. 625 parts so far 150 of them keyframed.each engine has 25 parts in motion + the propsgrand37.jpggrand41.jpg

It's not just "performance", but also "compatibility" issues (like old-style gauges not supported by FSX anymore for obscure reasons).Hence you will see a lot of (freeware) addon developpers sticking to FS9 for the time being (or some even using it as an argument to leave the FS-design hobby).And believe me, as a freeware designer and publisher of one of the first addons specifically for FSX ("groundhandling") I know what I'm talking about. In fact, after the first 6 weeks of intensively exploring FSX and it's new features, I haven't started FSX up over a month now. While still working on FS9 addons.And that's the first time that happened to me in 4 FS release-transitions.I know a lot of collegue-designers feel the same way about FSX for the time being; so I'm afraid you'll have to get used to the fact that it will take *at least* another half year before the amount of FSX uploads will exceed the FS9 uploads; if not longer.Mark my words :-)Cheers, Rob BarendregtPS: And then I'm not even mentioning the hesitation of designers w.r.t to the Vista/DX10 uncertainties. Yet another reason.

Guest cwright

Give it time....Meanwhile I uploaded the new version of AutoStar yesterday. The current version is for FSX only. That's because the FSX star display is far better than FS9. You may not have noticed it, but the stars are displayed in colour (actually, 24 bit colour) and AutoStar takes advantage of this.There'll be many, many more add-ons in the fullness of time....Best regards, Chris

Guest 67C VJPL

Something i notice at my home base WestCoastATC.com will have a greatinfluence on my productions is market penatration , so far fewer than1 in ten of our members even runs FSX . We have installed FSHost X on multiple servers but the number ofpeople who have machines capable of dealing with the demands islimited still to a smsller fraction of the Flight sim online userthan is FS9.I do not see myself producing a model Just for FSX for at least a yearand not just so users can catch up but Microsoft also will have hada chance to get up to speed as will the developement community whoare only now getting in deeper than the provided documentation.

Hi y'allMaybe for some of us the sparcity of uploads can be beneficial, I remember my almost frenzied download/install/chase up updates/test routine when FS9 was at its peak of popularity and I had so little time for flying or even running tutorials for the likes of Level D and PMDG.Now I am catching up a little since downloading etc. takes up less time. This is slightly tongue in cheek since my enjoyment of the hobby is still as high.

Touchy?Sheesh Peppy, perhaps you should search AVSIM for the volume offree FSX files posted since FSX was released. I don't have exactnumbers, but I do know there are quite a few posted. One day goesby without any FSX files posted and you need to TROLL here withyour weak statement.Please don't stir the pot without having facts!JerryGEDIT: I just did a search for FSX files. Here's what's been posted toAVSIM thus far: 29 Aircraft138 Aircraft Repaints 12 AI Aircraft 3 Helicopters 12 Missions259 Scenery 32 UtilitiesAnd several gauges, panels, miscellaneous files.So, in about 2 months since FSX was released, there have been over450 files posted. And, you complain when 1 (ONE) day of no FSXfiles posts goes by????