Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Error: "your organization does not allow"?

Trying to copy some of my home made scenery from the Community folder to send to a friend for some adjustments. When I click on the item folder and try to paste it into the email I get this notice..is there a way around this or a fix?

i-3xCg8Bc-M.png

Edited by warbirds

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

i dont know what organization you work for 😉 but why dont just zip the folder and send it?

in the scrensshot i see protected elements (carabiner).

• Like 1

It's a bug (or feature I guess) with Windows. If you've updated your Windows from 1903 to 2004 or something like that, suddenly you can't copy or move files or folders from your Community directory. It's a copyright thing. You can only paste or delete in the Community folder. 

The way I get around it is having two Community folders, one scrap folder with everything, and one real one. So when I need to make changes I do it in the scrap folder and copy it into my Community folder. 

There's also a way around it using an AddOn manager, but I don't remember what it's called or where to find it.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

1 hour ago, Nedo68 said:

i dont know what organization you work for 😉

Unless it is not USS Iowa submarine 😄

3 hours ago, Nedo68 said:

i dont know what organization you work for 😉 but why dont just zip the folder and send it?

in the scrensshot i see protected elements (carabiner).

Thanks, that worked..for anyone having this problem just, as Nedo68 stated, zip up the community folder and send it your desktop, you can than move or copy anything from that zipped folder. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

You can also just zip up individual folders within the community folder to copy then out - you will get a prompt that the copy will lose it’s encryption but that’s fine as this is what you want. Saves needing to zip up the full community folder. 

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.