Sign in to follow this  
philbrown

Axis and Ohs and Stream Deck - how?!

I have downloaded the demo of Axis and Ohs and am trying to get it working with my Stream Deck but so far have failed.

I am trying to get it working with Guenseli's CJ4 Stream Deck profile.

I have AAO running (as Admin) with the Stream Deck plugin installed.

I have imported the scripts from the CJ4 profile into AAO, and installed the CJ4 profiles into the Stream Deck.

I have activated the Web API in AAO, but the two don't seem to ever communicate.

I have tried with other more basic buttons, but there just doesn't seem to be any connection between AAO and the Stream Deck.

I assuming there is a step somewhere that I have missed - does anyone have any ideas?

1 hour ago, philbrown said:

does anyone have any ideas?

Most likely some other app or the firewall on your computer is blocking port 9080. You could try to find out with the Elgato debug console.

You can change the WebAPI port, but that must be done in AAO and in the StreamDeck plugin code. If you wish to try that, you will need the latest version of the plugin, because there you only have to change the port in one location (in the version that you have, the port must be changed in several places - not recommended). Unfortunately the latest SD plugin is tied in with version 2.04 of AAO, which is close to release, but not there yet. If you send me your proof of purchase by email I will send you both to try them out.

LORBY-SI

Thanks for the reply.

I have not bought the product yet, just using the demo to ensure it works before I purchase, so I shall wait for the next version and see if it solvesd the issue.

On 3/15/2021 at 9:15 PM, philbrown said:

see if it solved the issue.

It won't. It just makes it easier for you to solve the issue = to change the WebAPI port 9080 to a value that is not blocked on your computer. You still need to check why it is blocked - if it is just the firewall or AV, tell them to release TCP port 9080 and all works fine. Or shut down the other app that is using 9080, should that be the case.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Note you don't have to use the WebAPI with the streamdeck and axis and ohs.  You could just have the stream deck send key commands to AaO and manually trigger events that way.   Most of my aircraft interfaces were built this way (primarily because I also couldn't get it the webAPI to work until I opened the 9080 port in windows firewall)

The WebAPI is nice though!

Edited by sergemodular

hello, 

Its possible if you can make a test Setup for me 

I want to Check your command to aao and than make a AP on off and i can See this on the behringer x touch Mini AP on off led 

On 3/18/2021 at 12:13 AM, sergemodular said:

Note you don't have to use the WebAPI with the streamdeck and axis and ohs.  You could just have the stream deck send key commands to AaO and manually trigger events that way.   Most of my aircraft interfaces were built this way (primarily because I also couldn't get it the webAPI to work until I opened the 9080 port in windows firewall)

The WebAPI is nice though!

i tried that with Hotkeys in the StreamDeck to send key commands. In AAO i defined that key command to execute a script. That wasnt working for me. Can you show me some screenshots of the StreamDeck and AAO Side? Thank you very much 🙂

It seems like you can either have AAO running with the webAPI in which chase it ignores key commands from Streamdeck or without the webAPI and then you can send key commands.   If you don't run AAO as administrator it doesn't load the webAPI and then you can make an assigned button in AAO and it will read the key triggered from a hotkey bind on the streamdeck.

Once I opened up the firewall ports and was able to use the WebAPI I realized that was a much better way of doing things and have since gone back and redone the planes which I had made using key binds.

You can execute scripts using the webAPI mode.  Just copy the name of the script and paste it as a K: write event.    For instance I made a script for the spitfire to trigger the fuel tank indicator and named it Spit Fuel Tank indicator.     I put it in as a Lorby-SI Event  Write event:  K:   Scripts-Spit Fuel Tank indicator  send value 1