Sign in to follow this  
Gary1124

Disabling Liveries

If I were to install a repaint package for default aircraft and there were liveries included that would be out of place in airports I fly to would I be able to turn them off by adding // next to that fltsm number in the aircraft cfg?

Thanks

In all of the fltsim numbers for default aircraft there is a panel= in each of them.  Instead of the // in front, just make the one you want to eliminate panel=noshow..  Either way should work!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

On 3/16/2021 at 3:52 AM, Gary1124 said:

would I be able to turn them off by adding // next to that fltsm number in the aircraft cfg?

If you accidentally leave out the square bracket before fltsim then that livery and any subsequent numbered liveries will not show up in the aircraft selection window. I’m not sure if placing // before the fltsim number might have the same effect so you might be better going with Charlie’s suggestion.

Bill

I got UTL working now. Works well for GA traffic although to see a lot of commercial all the time it seems I would need to operate at bigger airports like PHL, JFK, ATL, CLT, ORD, and the like. It's a matter of timing at my international airport, MDT if I see flights coming or going. 

The UTL interface confuses me in some areas.

I follow the approach described by Charlie.  In aircraft.cfg I set 'panel=OFF' for unwanted liveries.  There's nothing special about the term 'OFF.'  You can use any term that doesn't match the aircraft's panel folders.  In my case, there is no 'panel.OFF' folder in any of my aircraft folders and FSX sees those variants as having no panel.

FSX sees aircraft variants that are lacking cockpit panels as AI aircraft.  It does not display AI aircraft in the flight selection window.  However, it can still use those variants for AI traffic.

So that is the advantage of this approach.  It is easy to turn aircraft on and off for flights, without having an impact on AI traffic.