Sign in to follow this  
Fighter Guy

Constant Nag from F/O for Taxi

I extracted the patch files exactly as indicated. I manually placed all the files individually. The current fsinsider.dll currently residing in my FSX root folder is dated 3/27/2021. I received no errors from FSX detecting a problem with 3rd party addons. 

Accomplished a registry search for any flagged .dll's according to the above posting, with no flags reported.

Just accomplished a re-download of patch directly from this link. Installed files by procedure you spelled out above. Started FSX, I receive message if I wish to run fsinsider, I accept and accept as trusted,  The audio configuration screen that starts when MCE begins to load.

Once it finishes its configuration, I receive "as this is the first start message" (see above screenshot). I shut down FSX, the application wizard screen appears, I go through the setup and restart FSX. I receive message if I wish to run fsinsider, I accept and accept as trusted. FSX finishes loading. MCE does not start automatically. I start MCE manually and (see second screenshot) occurs.

Tony J

Since MCE does not connect, when I am on the ramp in the sim, the MCE addon menu does not appear.

Gerald,

Happy to report MCE has finally connected to FSX. Not sure what changed, except the fsinsider.dll originally dated 3/25/21 now shows a date of 3/27/2021.

Thanks for the support. Now I can get back to the checking out the original posted problem and abusing my poor F/O.😁

Tony J

Edited by Fighter Guy
additional info

5 hours ago, Fighter Guy said:

Gerald,

Happy to report MCE has finally connected to FSX. Not sure what changed, except the fsinsider.dll originally dated 3/25/21 now shows a date of 3/27/2021.

Thanks for the support. Now I can get back to the checking out the original posted problem and abusing my poor F/O.😁

Tony J

Glad to hear that. Easy on him 🙂

Gerald,

Finally had a chance to test out if the F/O nags about taxiing while I have the radios. Unfortunately he still continues to ask if I'm ready to taxi. Now it is occurring even after I have requested and received taxi clearance. Tested it on 3 separate flights and indications are the same. Using PF3 push and start feature, VCP mode 0.

Tony J

FSX Boxed/MCE/PF3

1 hour ago, Fighter Guy said:

Gerald,

Finally had a chance to test out if the F/O nags about taxiing while I have the radios. Unfortunately he still continues to ask if I'm ready to taxi. Now it is occurring even after I have requested and received taxi clearance. Tested it on 3 separate flights and indications are the same. Using PF3 push and start feature, VCP mode 0.

Tony J

FSX Boxed/MCE/PF3

Don't forget, there is an option for FO to take over ATC when busy. Maybe that kicked in. Disable it in <ATC> tab and try again.

12 hours ago, Fighter Guy said:

Is there a way to log this during a flight so when it occurs I can forward the file to you?

Tony J 

No logging for such trivial matters.

Will be looked at again. interval between naggings will be increased and eventually feature could be simply removed if it proves more annoting than helpful.

12 hours ago, FS++ said:

Will be looked at again. interval between naggings will be increased and eventually feature could be simply removed if it proves more annoting than helpful.

I also still get that nagging - and personally I find it more annoying than helpful. Maybe you can at least make it optional in the mce.ini file.

Gerald, 

On 4/3/2021 at 2:13 AM, FS++ said:

No logging for such trivial matters.

Gerald,

Not trivial to me or to a friend of mine who has the same issue. As stated this is occurring when I have control of the radios, and after I have already requested and received taxi clearance. So during taxi, and in the middle of a checklist, and I get asked if I want to request taxi clearance, not just once mind you, but multiple times, and I have told him no, yes that is very annoying.

On 4/3/2021 at 2:53 PM, RALF9636 said:

I also still get that nagging - and personally I find it more annoying than helpful. Maybe you can at least make it optional in the mce.ini file.

As stated, maybe an option in the mce.ini file would would solve the issue.

Thanks again for the support and a phenomenal product none the less,

Tony J

On 4/5/2021 at 12:23 AM, Fighter Guy said:

Gerald, 

Gerald,

Not trivial to me or to a friend of mine who has the same issue. As stated this is occurring when I have control of the radios, and after I have already requested and received taxi clearance. So during taxi, and in the middle of a checklist, and I get asked if I want to request taxi clearance, not just once mind you, but multiple times, and I have told him no, yes that is very annoying.

As stated, maybe an option in the mce.ini file would would solve the issue.

Thanks again for the support and a phenomenal product none the less,

Tony J

Latest patch mitigates the issue by only prompting a maximum of 2 times with a 3 minutes interval. Could just dismiss it as random chatter. Hopefully, not that annoying now.😛

• Like 1

Gerald,

Just FYI. Tried to see how it would go with the above issue for a month to see how the F/O reacts. Sad to say it's more annoying than ever. Here's the scenario. I've started engines, and I have the radios. I request and complete push back and am now ready to request taxi clearance.  I tell the F/O (Clive) to request taxi. (Preempting the need for him to ask me every few minutes, "huh you say you're ready to taxi").  F/O dutifully calls ground and requests taxi. Ground clears us to taxi and we are on our way taxiing to the assigned runway. I request a checklist, which he starts running. In the middle of the checklist I get  "huh you say you're ready to taxi". Now I understand this is all simulated but you would think if HE requested taxi, he should know that he IS taxiing. Then we get sent to tower frequency. Sitting at the hold point about ready to request takeoff clearance, and again "huh you say you're ready to taxi". Mind you this occurs whether I have the radios, he has the radios, I tell him to request taxi clearance or he asks me "huh you say you're ready to taxi"  and I say yes.  IMHO this just kills the immersion factor, and something that would not occur in the real world.

Tony J

(About to inflict GBH on Clive) 😁

FSX Boxed/MCE/PF3

4 hours ago, Fighter Guy said:

Gerald,

Just FYI. Tried to see how it would go with the above issue for a month to see how the F/O reacts. Sad to say it's more annoying than ever. Here's the scenario. I've started engines, and I have the radios. I request and complete push back and am now ready to request taxi clearance.  I tell the F/O (Clive) to request taxi. (Preempting the need for him to ask me every few minutes, "huh you say you're ready to taxi").  F/O dutifully calls ground and requests taxi. Ground clears us to taxi and we are on our way taxiing to the assigned runway. I request a checklist, which he starts running. In the middle of the checklist I get  "huh you say you're ready to taxi". Now I understand this is all simulated but you would think if HE requested taxi, he should know that he IS taxiing. Then we get sent to tower frequency. Sitting at the hold point about ready to request takeoff clearance, and again "huh you say you're ready to taxi". Mind you this occurs whether I have the radios, he has the radios, I tell him to request taxi clearance or he asks me "huh you say you're ready to taxi"  and I say yes.  IMHO this just kills the immersion factor, and something that would not occur in the real world.

Tony J

(About to inflict GBH on Clive) 😁

FSX Boxed/MCE/PF3

I can assure you, he keeps checking the status of the pushback, whether all engines have been started as aircraft speed for movement. When groiund speed is higher than 3 knots, the background monitoring thread should exit and not perform anything further.

Perhaps the 3 knot value requiement was the mistake. Try it with a faster taxi speed and he should shut up.

Will be updated to require just a positive speed to register for him to see it as taxi, even though a wind gust could trigger that. Will be updated by tomorrow.

Edited by FS++