Sign in to follow this  
Fragtality

Introducing Pilot's Deck, a StreamDeck Plugin

I'll assume: you have checked the installed .NET Version like described in the Readme?
And you're using the DevBuild or the latest Release (0.6.6)?

Plugin doesn't create any log file. Stream deck log says plugin crashed.

The plugin 'PilotsDeck' crashed with code -2147450730

Did you want to PM me your email and I can send the log over?

Yes checked the .Net was correct. Just tried 0.6.6 with the same outcome...

Edited by BAW303

Craig Sells

So you have used the DevBuild initially? If you switched from that to 0.6.6: Delete the whole Plugin-Folder and then/install extract 0.6.6.

Then open a Commandline / Powershell in the Plugin-Folder and execute the Binary directly - what does it say/show?

Hey Fragtality,

I've been testing out your latest Dev Build. I don't have the Fenix yet but all else seems to working great. I'm currently working on a PMDG 737-700 profile and so far no issues. I'll let you know if something comes up.  Again, thanks for this awesome tool.

@Fragtality is it possible to map a range of values to text in the display button? ie: values 1-99= opening. I'm trying to map the door which has a value of 0 and 100 (open, close) and all values in between = opening.

Unfortunately, no. Only thing there is is to make a comparison for greater-/lesser-equal. So text-based you could only do that: "Special State" and "Hide Value" for 100, and "99<=OPEN" for the Mapping. So when the Door is closed nothing is shown and when it is open or moving OPEN is displayed. But remember there is a different Background-Image for the Special State: so you could still hide the (numeric) value for closed, but could provide an Image showing "CLOSED" (or anything you want).

Or you switch completely to Images and use the Dynamic Button. There you could define a Image for 0/open and 100/close and use the "Special State" with "Any Value" to show another Image while the door is moving (i.e. the Value not being 0 or 100).

But I'll look into it how the text-mappings could be improved and expanded (and maybe do something similar for Images) in the (not near) Future! 🙂 

Never thought about Doors, I normally press the ECP Door-Button on the Deck to check their State 😅

*Version-bump* 🙂

The Plugin was ported to .NET 6 and x64 only. Be sure to read the Requirements and the Upgrade Procedure in the Readme! (It is NOT just dropping it in)

The Plugin now uses the WASM/WAPI Module from FSUIPC7 on MSFS2020. With that:
- The Lvar Access is now faster and more reliable (not reporting the last Lvar's Value for unknown/inaccessible Lvars)
- Hvars are also available as an additional Action-/Command-Type
- CalculatorCode can be now directly be run from the StreamDeck as Action-/Command-Type (can't really imagine a Use-Case for that, but it was possible so why not^^)
This only affects / is only available with MSFS2020 / FSUIPC7. 

Thank you very much for your plugin. I really like the way your plugin works. But I'm new to this business. I would like to support you to create more standard profiles. Unfortunately, I don't understand how I read out the right values when I press a button. For example, I try to operate the landing lights on the Cessna. I use FSUIPC to read out the LVAR values, but it is very difficult to find out what the relationships are. I press the button, load the LVAR values and look into the list to find out, what changed. laborious....

I find out, the value LIGHTING_LANDING_1 changed. But if i use that value as lvar command, only the image on the stream deck button change, but not the landing lights status in the sim. What do I wrong?

Can you explain very simply what beginners need to do to find out the correct values which needed to create a dynamic button?

@FilldasBill: Sorry for the late Answer, didn't get a Notification 😕

Unfortunately, there is no easy Answer! Every Plane/Developer handles things different how (and if) Button-States are exposed and how they are manipulated.

For reading a Value/State, there are really only two Options: It is either FSUIPC Offsets (see FSUIPC's Documentation) which are the default Simulation/Environment Variable of the Sim or it is Lvars (or Local Gauge Variables). Some Planes (especially when simulated externally) don't update/set the standard Offsets and Lvars have no standard or commonality - if they exist and how they are named and work is totally up to the Developer. 

*Version Bump*

v7.0.1 released:

• Added some new Korry-Images for Busses
  • Added a black and round Switch Image
  • "Display Gauge" can now trigger Sim-Actions / can be mapped as other Buttons (both Single and Dual Gauges)
  • The Base Color of the Bar/Arc can be now changed based on another Variable/Value
  • Like 2

Hey @Fragtality,

yea, I have an idea how it all works, but I dont get it really. I try to simple make a Dynamic Button: Beacon Lights on/off für a Cessna.

I tried the LVAR variant: Action Adress: LIGHTING_BEACON_1 (dont work)
I tried the CONTROL variant: 67186 (has no toggle, send only parameters to 0)
I tried the OFFSET variant: 0x0D0C (no idea what is next: Lights, a switch for each one (bits from lo to hi): 2 Beacon???)

As Control Status Value i used NAV_LIGHTS_SET or LIGHTING_BEACON_1, nothing works.

But dont know, what I misunderstand 

Hello @FilldasBill

Could it be that we are talking about MSFS2020 here? The Control-Code you've mentioned is "COUNTERMEASURE_SYSTEM_STATION_NEXT" in Prepar3D - that would explain why it does not work on a Cessna 😅

The Offset you mentioned has Bit-Flags - are you sure to use the right Syntax? I gave an Example in the Readme for this Offset (Landing Lights). It should normally work as Read/Control and Action Address (for Planes using the Default Simvars). I've just checked it: The Address 0x0D0C:2:b:1 Works flawlessly on the C172 in MSFS! Also, there is a Event/Control-Code for toggling the Beacon Lights: 66239 (TOGGLE_BEACON_LIGHTS, works also).

So to answer the initial Question more precisely: if it is really Default MSFS Planes, FSUIPC Offsets and the default Control Codes should work on most Stuff for them - especially for basic Stuff like the Light Switches! The Offsets are documented in the "..Offset Status" PDF File and the Controls in the "Controls List.." TXT File (in the Documents\FSUIPC7 Folder).

*Version Bump*

Version 0.7.3 Released!

MSFS SU10 Compatibility:
- Compiled against FSUIPC 7.3.9h Beta (available in the FSUIPC Forum)

X-Plane Support:
- The Plugin now connects directly to X-Plane via WebSocket
- DataRefs can directly be entered (Commands, Value Access for read/write) 
- Profile Switching is supported based on the Livery Path

Comparisons:
- Value Mappings now support multiple Comparisons (greater/lesser) and can be mixed with discrete Mappings (equality)
- Values used for Image display can also be expressed as a comparison, e.g. ">=0.3"

Fenix PilotsDeck Integration:
- Added more Switches & Buttons
- Updated to new Icons (Black/Round)
- GSX Integration
- Updated for SU10

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

*Version Bump*

Version 0.7.7 Released!

- Toggle Switch Option for Control and XP-Commands added (toggle a Switch with two different Controls/Commands)
- XP-Commands can now be chained
- HVars can now be chained
- Updated Libraries (full SU11 Compatibility)
- Now compiled for .NET 7 (Update your Runtime!)
- Improved Sim-Connection/-State Handling
- Fixed Bug with XP-DataRefs where they would not update when a DataRef is used multiple times on one Profile/Folder
- Fixed Bug with Profile Switching with XP12
- Fixed Bug with Comparisons/Value Matching
- Fixed Bug where Actions would stay in Error State

• Like 1