Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

Aerosoft CRJ for MSFS

I don't know about anyone else. But as the MCE team work on the CRJ accessibility to MCE, I find it difficult to fly the CRJ solo, without a fully functioning First Officer.

Then again, is this not a testament to the validity of an MCE First Officer and also the the complexity of the CRJ. At last we have a complex airliner.

But if you fly it by the book, that is, with flows, checklists and with ATC (either VATSIM or PILOT2ATC) the workload quickly becomes very apparent! In short hauls, the workload for a single pilot is almost excessive. I am finding it hard work to manipulate every switch with the mouse and keyboard! Kudos to Hans Hartman and Aerosoft for producing a complex sim. Hans wrote the FMC flight planning system, so that's why we don't see the dreaded Asobo "USR" waypoints, that send you round in circles!!

Untill we get a type rated FO, at least we have someone to read the checklist items and scold you when you try and do something silly....

Ultimately the flight deck is a lonely place without an MCE FO.

Cheers.

• Upvote 1

On 3/28/2021 at 3:04 PM, charlie130 said:

In short hauls, the workload for a single pilot is almost excessive.

Totally agree. I still struggle to stay ahead of the CRJ in particular on short hauls. Certainly that is because of my lack of experience with the CRJ, but also that rookie FO is not much of a help. 😉

At the Aerosoft support forum someone posted a list of Lvars used in the CRJ for all kinds of controls. Actually I don't really know anything about Lvars but I understood that they can be used to manipulate the controls. So someone created and shared a template for use with Lorby's Axis and Ohs and now at least I am able to use my hardware for autopilot and external lights.

I wonder if MCE can also use those Lvars to teach the FO handle the CRJ?

37 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Of course.

We have been using them for years in P3D and FSX.

It's just that with the new sim (dlls being banned from the sim) one needs a different approach to access them.

We're on a learning curve with the new process. It will eventually happen. I mean total cockpit control, even for FlybywireA320 and many others.

And before anyone asks, yes, without milking it and making a host of products like...

"MCE CRJ crew super plus edition" 😛

"MCE flight crew A320 second coming total control"

"MCE crew 787 Edition"

......etc....

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Totally agree. I still struggle to stay ahead of the CRJ in particular on short hauls. Certainly that is because of my lack of experience with the CRJ, but also that rookie FO is not much of a help. 😉

At the Aerosoft support forum someone posted a list of Lvars used in the CRJ for all kinds of controls. Actually I don't really know anything about Lvars but I understood that they can be used to manipulate the controls. So someone created and shared a template for use with Lorby's Axis and Ohs and now at least I am able to use my hardware for autopilot and external lights.

Your right Ralph. She's a handful to fly. But have you noticed how accurate the FMS is in route execution? Just load your SimBrief route and add SID/STAR/Arrival and it's beautifully accurate.

I just experimented with a short flight from EGPN to EGAC. I did the plan in SimBrief and imported the whole plan into the CRJ. Which also had the correct winds aloft forecast for every waypoint along the route. No issues found. The CRJ accepted the SB route and I added the HB arrival. VNav worked perfectly, taking us down to 2000' from FL240, for a perfect ILS entry.

I then did the same in the FBW Neo (Dev). At descent (still no TOD or constraints) I saw three "USR" waypoints. One was about 400 miles east? None of the waypoints could be edited in the MCDU. The only recourse was a dirto. So it's long way to go yet before that's finished. With any luck Aerosoft will have their Airbus out by then?

So yes, let's wish the MCE team good luck with the coding....WASM I believe?

When folks see our FO dialling everything (including ND range...like in the P3d CRJ) they will realise it's a great product. 

I haven't got a VR set (yet) but I imagine how vital voice control is with one of those contraptions strapped to your head!

The MSFS sim will then become more than a sight seeing simulation. 

Cheers.

😁

• Like 1

And if anyone doesn't know how to import the SimBrief plan into the CRJ, here's a tutorial video.

No need for Asobo flight plans full of "USR" points!

• Like 1

Hello guys

May i know if the crj has helpful tooltips, when you hover your mouse  over the switches and buttons?