Sign in to follow this  
byork

MSFS Aerosoft CRJ - remember to remove the Chocks!

We received a few reports from users that Pushback Express wouldn't start the pushback with the new Aerosoft CRJ for MSFS.

Reminder: The engines need to be off and the parking brake needs to be off.

But this is where some of you are messing up.

***The "Chocks" in the CRJ also need to be out (removed) as well.  Some of you are forgetting about the chocks 🙂 ***
Remove the chocks BEFORE releasing the parking brake.

162973813_4119975334721174_3952057562872
Edited by byork

Hello and well noted for the chocks to start the pushback.
To stop the pushback and after having said STOP PUSHBACK, the plane comes to a stop but in order to have the brakes released command to be caught, I have to keep pressing the set parking brakes button and repeating BRAKES RELEASED. The parking brakes are set but then unset immediately till the brakes released command is caught. Then the parking brakes work correctly.
What I am doing wrong please ?

Thanks for your products !!

Moun

Hi Moun,

I had a another user report that too.  It's like the parking brake handle is forced down.

So I spoke to Hans the CRJ aircraft programmer, and he said that he's 99 percent sure it was a binding issue between a hardware assignment and the parking brake control assignment in MSFS.

It's a weird one.  I can't reproduce it.

In the next update, we may just use the CRJ's Lvar for the parking handle instead of using the stock MSFS variable to read the handle's position.

Edited by byork

8 hours ago, themoonline said:

Hello and well noted for the chocks to start the pushback.
To stop the pushback and after having said STOP PUSHBACK, the plane comes to a stop but in order to have the brakes released command to be caught, I have to keep pressing the set parking brakes button and repeating BRAKES RELEASED. The parking brakes are set but then unset immediately till the brakes released command is caught. Then the parking brakes work correctly.
What I am doing wrong please ?

Thanks for your products !!

Moun

You mean "Brakes Set", don't you? 

I have the same issue. No matter if I use my hardware assignment, the key assignment of MSFS or try to use the mouse to set the parking brake. It can't be set as long as the pushback truck is connected, it's always immediately resetting itself to released.

Parking brake works fine when the pushback truck is not connected.

Definitely not a hardware assignment issue.

I can't reproduce that.

Try it using the stock ATC pushback system as a test (not using PBE) to see if you get the same result.

PBE doesn't try to control the parking brake in the CRJ.  We just read it via the stock variable for the parking brake.

Hi everyone

I've got the same issue with Aerosoft CRJ and PBE ... 😭

I'm using mouse to set off the parking brakes and when the pushback is finish, i can't set it on

2 minutes ago, Math44 said:

Hi everyone

I've got the same issue with Aerosoft CRJ and PBE ... 😭

I'm using mouse to set off the parking brakes and when the pushback is finish, i can't set it on

What happens when you use the stock ATC system to push the CRJ back?  Do you get the same thing?

Hi,

I have the same issue using PBE with voice commands and the CRJ.

Stock System of MSFS works fine. No issues there.

With PBE it looks like the tug stays connected with the aircraft when speaking the stop command. Pushback is stoped but tug stays connected.

With the stock system the tug is disconneted immediately and drives away.

Hope this help.

5 hours ago, captaintom said:

Hi,

I have the same issue using PBE with voice commands and the CRJ.

Stock System of MSFS works fine. No issues there.

With PBE it looks like the tug stays connected with the aircraft when speaking the stop command. Pushback is stoped but tug stays connected.

With the stock system the tug is disconneted immediately and drives away.

Hope this help.

Try doing a rudder control or distance pushback without using the "Stop" voice command.

What happens then?

On 4/6/2021 at 1:55 AM, byork said:

Try doing a rudder control or distance pushback without using the "Stop" voice command.

What happens then?

Same problem no matter what type i choose. 

Sent you a pm with a not listed youtube video to see how it looks like.

Tom

NO, using the Stock system is as follows:

+ Pushback is started after tug is requested via ATC
+ Pushback is performed
+ Pushback stops when stop command is send via ATC
+ Tug drives away immediatly
+ Parking Brake can be set

Using PBE is:

+ Pushback is requested via voice command
+ Releasing Parking Brake is requested from ground
+ Parking Brake is released manually (mouse button on the handle, no keyboard command)
+ Pushback starts
+ Stopping pushback (equal if rudder, distance or stopping voice command is used)
+ Tug stops and STAYS at the aircraft
+ Setting Parking Brake is requested from ground
+ Parking Brake can't be set

As it looks the difference is that with the stock system the tug drives away immediatly. With PBE the tug stays at the aircraft. Maybe the connection between the tug and the aircraft is blocking the parking brake command.

Hope this helps

Edited by captaintom