Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

Truesky clouds

Well it is did fix it by changing the hdmi port.

I have no idea what has been corrupted or how to fix it.

thanks 

mike

• Like 1

Could just be a bad HDMI port. If you don't need to use all of them I would suggest just avoiding that one. What's your GPU? Most have only one HDMI port nowadays, and the others are DisplayPort. Are you using a DP to HDMI adapter? 

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

7 hours ago, mikeymike said:

Well it is did fix it by changing the hdmi port.

I have no idea what has been corrupted or how to fix it.

thanks 

mike

Hi Mike, good to read that you have solved the issue...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

On 3/23/2021 at 4:29 AM, mikeymike said:

i have envshade with latest update, thou not installed yet as i have read it causes black textures.

cheers 

mike

I have the latest envshade installed, up and running....no black textures. ...though to be honest, I do not see much difference from the previous version...

Sherem

Sorry guys spoke too soon.

same issue persists back to v4 for now. Which seems fine with asca clouds.

also asca clouds in v5.1 hf1 is fine, which leads me to believe it’s truesky issue.  except sometimes upon restart I get all the black textures. If I’m not mistaken someone had said there will be a hotfix for that from envshade?

Until next update possibly 5.2 and wipe out 5.1 hf1. 

I have  no idea.

cheers 

mike

https://imgur.com/a/4HOJ9cT

hey guys sorry to bring this up again, ive tried everything from reinstalling p3d v5.1 hf1  to re setting hardware.

re setting my tv to default, no shaders etc installed. and still the same problem persists.

cheers

mike

I’m not really seeing any problems with the screenshots you’ve just posted there?

The problem is, there are so many variables in this equation that it’s basically impossible to determine what the issue is. At this point I would be doing substitution testing. Try a different physical display. Try a different cable. Try a different GPU. Try a different PC with all of the same other hardware and an identical software configuration. I appreciate that’s not an easy one to do. Ultimately this will be a diagnosis of exclusion, when you find the one thing that is different between two set ups, one where you have the problem and one where you don’t. Unfortunately, the fact that it doesn’t happen in 4.5 but does happen in 5.1 is not a valid comparison because they are two different versions of the software using two completely different environment generators. What you really need is someone who has basically an identical hardware configuration, or as near as humanly possible, and the same software configuration, or who is willing to set it up the same way as yours, who doesn’t have the problem. Whatever is different between the two systems is going to be where the problem lies.

I think we may have covered this before, but is HDR on or off for example? If on, what are your HDR settings? If HDR is on but your monitor does not support HDR then things can look a bit peculiar.  

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I have seen similar issues to the ones you originally posted on my projector displays. I fixed them by tweaking the brightness and contrast on my projectors. I also changed my HDR settings when I started using EA. I still get super bright clouds sometimes, but that is just an artefact of my projection system. Depending on the amount of ambient light in the room, I have to turn up the brightness in order to be able to see things, but that then causes the clouds to bloom because they are the whitest white thing on my screen. 

To be honest with you, I’m a bit stuck… I don’t know what else to suggest.

1 hour ago, neilhewitt said:

I’m not really seeing any problems with the screenshots you’ve just posted there?

The problem is, there are so many variables in this equation that it’s basically impossible to determine what the issue is. At this point I would be doing substitution testing. Try a different physical display. Try a different cable. Try a different GPU. Try a different PC with all of the same other hardware and an identical software configuration. I appreciate that’s not an easy one to do. Ultimately this will be a diagnosis of exclusion, when you find the one thing that is different between two set ups, one where you have the problem and one where you don’t. Unfortunately, the fact that it doesn’t happen in 4.5 but does happen in 5.1 is not a valid comparison because they are two different versions of the software using two completely different environment generators. What you really need is someone who has basically an identical hardware configuration, or as near as humanly possible, and the same software configuration, or who is willing to set it up the same way as yours, who doesn’t have the problem. Whatever is different between the two systems is going to be where the problem lies.

I think we may have covered this before, but is HDR on or off for example? If on, what are your HDR settings? If HDR is on but your monitor does not support HDR then things can look a bit peculiar.  

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I have seen similar issues to the ones you originally posted on my projector displays. I fixed them by tweaking the brightness and contrast on my projectors. I also changed my HDR settings when I started using EA. I still get super bright clouds sometimes, but that is just an artefact of my projection system. Depending on the amount of ambient light in the room, I have to turn up the brightness in order to be able to see things, but that then causes the clouds to bloom because they are the whitest white thing on my screen. 

To be honest with you, I’m a bit stuck… I don’t know what else to suggest.

Thanks for your suggestions 

i have tried all that you have mentioned 

As you said it might be just how truesky looks on my 50 inch 4K tv 

I have tried a different monitor and gpu 

and same persists.

perhaps the screen shots and videos I watch they are using 144hz monitors.??

thanks 

mike

Those latest shots on imgur, though... they look normal to me. What do you think is wrong with them? The clouds are not over-bright (that I can see) and the 'white-out' effect on your previous images is not there. If you're asking about the 'grid' pattern on some of the clouds, that's a side effect of the way TrueSky works and you can't eliminate it completely. ActiveSky does a decent job of minimising it, but we're all waiting for LM to give developers more control over TrueSky generally.

58 minutes ago, neilhewitt said:

Those latest shots on imgur, though... they look normal to me. What do you think is wrong with them? The clouds are not over-bright (that I can see) and the 'white-out' effect on your previous images is not there. If you're asking about the 'grid' pattern on some of the clouds, that's a side effect of the way TrueSky works and you can't eliminate it completely. ActiveSky does a decent job of minimising it, but we're all waiting for LM to give developers more control over TrueSky generally.

It’s more so around the edges that seem less defined and see through as oppose to some screen shots ive seen 

like this 

https://ibb.co/6YQ8WjY

cheers 

mike

52 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

It’s more so around the edges that seem less defined and see through as oppose to some screen shots ive seen 

like this 

https://ibb.co/6YQ8WjY

cheers 

mike

It's probably just a different cloud type. Humidity, sun angle, air temperature and wind speed all can affect the appearance of trueSky clouds. How much HiFi factors that into AS is only known to the developer.

2 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

It's probably just a different cloud type. Humidity, sun angle, air temperature and wind speed all can affect the appearance of trueSky clouds. How much HiFi factors that into AS is only known to the developer.

Yes,I guess ill have to accept it until the next

Version is out.

ill stick with 4.5 hf3 for now 

Thank you

mike