Sign in to follow this  
BostonJeremy77

Carenado's huge sale. Anything I need to have?

38 minutes ago, CaptKornDog said:

Still in the fence for the King Air 350 (purely because it’s cheap), Navajo, or Shrike myself.

Anyone have recent opinions on those?

Personally I have the King and don't like it, when you get to that level of aircraft may as well get the Milviz, then again I got the ATR72 just for fun so. For the twin piston I've been flying lots of Chieftain but the G600 is driving me crazy so I got the Navajo which is nearly the same except it doesn't have the S-Tec AP and fuel tanks are not properly modelled. GA Immersion wise It's probably one of the few planes I do like from Carenado.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

59 minutes ago, CaptKornDog said:

Still in the fence for the King Air 350 (purely because it’s cheap), Navajo, or Shrike myself.

Anyone have recent opinions on those?

I haven't bought the KingAir, cause I have MilViz and it's pointless. But I DID buy B1900 which is pretty similar. Did a flight with it yesterday. It's a disaster. I integrated GNS530 into it but THAT thing doesn't talk to the FMS down below and they run two separate nav databases. I created a SimBrief plan for my flight and couldn't even manually enter it because those things don't even have the waypoints from the plan... So I did a direct from one airport to another.. with a visual approach. The flight itself was great, but the inability to have any sort of viable flight plan just kills it for me. Essentially, you can fly IFR, but only if it's direct from one airport to another. MAYBE with a couple of waypoints here and there. 

I really prefer the ones with a ProLine system because you can upgrade the database in those, but still... their ProLine 21 simulation is f*****. I flew the FA50 and whenever you even look at the plan wrong it changes everything. No confirmations, no EXEC... Everything just changes instantly. It's hard coming from PMDG, FSLabs, MilViz to jump into any of those things with complex avionics as done by Carenado...

I have come to a conclusion that Carenado is best at doing smaller planes that don't involve anything other than GTN or GNS. That's where they shine. Any time you have longer flights with complex plans, those simulations are just not built for that. 

I have the 350 King air tried it in v5 word not allowed even following the Carenado Advise, going with the Milviz on the ORBX later may wait for 5.2 due out soooooon.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

3 hours ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

But I DID buy B1900 which is pretty similar. Did a flight with it yesterday. It's a disaster.

Doing a plan with any Carenado FMS/G1000 is a nightmare.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

48 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

Doing a plan with any Carenado FMS/G1000 is a nightmare.

I think that's actually why their products are much better in MSFS - they use default GNS system which is (especially with the mod) MUCH better than anything they do in P3D. 

Has anyone got any views on the SR22 and can you import fligtplans into the aircraft? Either using P3D default or Littlenavmap?

Thanks

Jason

Jason Thompson