Sign in to follow this  
spilok

FSUIPC experiment with P3dv5

1 minute ago, Biggles2010 said:

Over the many years that FSUIPC has been in use, a small number of users have made similar suggestions, usually based on invalid 'tests'.  Many users do not seem to see these issues.

In P3D5 some report stutters while others claim very smooth results, but it's not always clear if FSUIPC is being used or not. Either way, if you are going to test for any effect you need to do it much more objectively.

For any route you try without FSUIPC, you need to refly it, in identical weather conditions, using the same aircraft at the same time of day, with every setting the same, while using FSUIPC. Otherwise you have nothing to compare with. Tests also need to be repeated several times to see if they form any pattern. Even things like ambient temperature for each test need to be considered, because that affects cooling of the pc, which definitely can affect performance.

Unless all these parameters are met then it's just a subjective view rather than a test.

I agree. I will continue to run objective tests. Believe me, I want to know the truth from my tests. I fly p3d EVERY DAY under all types of weather and various settings. I delete configs and delete shaders and do all the things recommended in this forum and elsewhere. The ONLY thing I’ve never done was deactivate FSUIPC...until yesterday. 

8 minutes ago, spilok said:

Not using NCP to force 30 hz.  I’m using NCP to force 30 FPS. I’m running at 60 hz. 

Of course, 30Hz cannot be forced if the monitor is incapable of it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It would be far better if questions on how FSUIPC might affect performance were posted on the correct forum.

However I do really need to correct some misunderstandings about what could be happening. 

Most of what FSUIPC is doing, most of the time, is passively receiving data from SimConnect.  Most of what is might do actively is in separate threads, not the main threads used by the sim as far as possible. These activities include device polling, depending of course on your assignments, and obtains data on AI aircraft newly added.

Activity in the main thread which may just possibly impinge upon performance is mainly that in responding to client application requests. 

So the only fair comparison regarding FSUIPC and no FSUIPC would be with no other programs running which use FSUIPC. (I notice, for example Radar Contact mentioned, quite a heavy user of FSUIPC that I remember, especially if you have any AI traffic).

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

4 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

It would be far better if questions on how FSUIPC might affect performance were posted on the correct forum.

However I do really need to correct some misunderstandings about what could be happening. 

Most of what FSUIPC is doing, most of the time, is passively receiving data from SimConnect.  Most of what is might do actively is in separate threads, not the main threads used by the sim as far as possible. These activities include device polling, depending of course on your assignments, and obtains data on AI aircraft newly added.

Activity in the main thread which may just possibly impinge upon performance is mainly that in responding to client application requests. 

So the only fair comparison regarding FSUIPC and no FSUIPC would be with no other programs running which use FSUIPC. (I notice, for example Radar Contact mentioned, quite a heavy user of FSUIPC that I remember, especially if you have any AI traffic).

Pete

I posted here, Pete, because there has been quite a bit of discussion regarding P3dv5 performance.  I also thought I'd reach quite a few more forum members here who otherwise might not be connecting performance with FSUIPC.  If UTLive obtains data from FSUIPC, then I guess it's possible that may be the reason I'm flying so smoothly.  I certainly can re-engage FSUIPC and disengage UTLive.  That would be a good experiment to confirm that.  

Stan

UTL does not require or interface with FSUIPC. I am a UTL user and don't have FSUIPC installed.

Edited by pgde

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

How about the aircraft or (specifically) the panel? I was introduced to FSUIPC years ago because I needed a specific panel to work. Point is, there are a lot of moving parts and disabling FSUIPC may not just disable FSUIPC.

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.