Sign in to follow this  
Republic DC9

Unusable South Of Seattle/Renton (LONG pauses and stutters)

For some reason if I fly south from KRNT Renton past KSEA a few miles and turn back north I get nothing but very long pauses and stutters that make what has always been one of my favorite places to fly unusable.

I have photogrammetry on, Drzweicki Seattle installed as well as the nice freeware Renton airport but even with all of those uninstalled and photogrammetry off etc I have the issue.

I don’t see these issues elsewhere - could someone please recreate this flight of KRNT south five miles and return and advise how your performance is?

My specs are a 10900K RX 6800 and 32GB RAM.

Thank You!

Steve

There are still many places in the world that are not completely bug-free, the Seattle area is one of them.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

2 hours ago, Ixoye said:

There are still many places in the world that are not completely bug-free, the Seattle area is one of them.

Ah, so you're experiencing this also?   Hopefully ASOBO can come up with a fix soon.

I remember that a takeoff from KSEA to the south was my first flight in MSFS almost a year ago and it seemed so smooth (but maybe not - I was probably just excited).

Thanks,

Steve

not a good state of affairs when you consider that area was one of the first completed

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

Yea the stretch between Renton and Portland always seems to  crash my system....either with a pause, stutter and CDT, or, I'll hit something mid air and "crash"....weird stuff going on!

• Like 1

I have previously found Drzweicki Seattle was a hog for resources and dumped it.  Maybe that's the problem.

• Upvote 1

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

16 minutes ago, jmdriskell said:

I have previously found Drzweicki Seattle was a hog for resources and dumped it.  Maybe that's the problem.

I believe I've tested with and without it, but will definitely try a test without it.

You're able to do a flight from Renton over to Tacoma without severe stutters without it?

I read a tip that you should not set the Terrain slider higher than 100 to avoid this problem, and it has actually worked for me, but it does not look good, especial in Scandinavia where I fly as the tree LOD distance gets worse the closer to the earth poles you fly, hopefully Asobo will fix this bug and the LOD problem soon.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Some places post-1.14.6.0 are still fairly stutter-prone, although things in general have improved a lot. I second trying to reduce terrain LOD to see if things improve. Also, you might want to monitor CPU core usage, as in some areas, one or more cores reach 100%, bringing the sim to its knees (even though total CPU usage can seem reasonable). Reducing LOD in these scenarios will probably make for a smoother flight, even though objects tend to pop out in the immediate vicinity, reducing the overall experience. But it can certainly make some regions more flyable. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I concur.  I've noticed stutter around S50 Auburn Muni, just south of KSEA.  It's persistent around the Tacoma, Auburn and Renton area...maybe north of Seattle as well, but I don't fly north of Seattle as often.  I seem to recall it being somewhat less stuttery around the city of Seattle and north of Seattle.

I have tried just about everything, but it seems it is something that's affecting the default/vanilla sim.  I have a fast PC (i7@5.1G, SSDs, OC'd Titan XP GPU...everything runs cool, fast and stable).  I've downloaded the highest res data from ASOBO and created a large Manual Cache area around the Puget Sound, from Everett to Olympia to the Cascade foothills to the Hood Canal.  I've tried it with no mods and with mods...still the same stutters.  My sim doesn't CTD, but it does stutter in the area.  It stutters almost constantly south of KSEA...every 5-10 seconds it will stutter from brief stutters to longer second-or-two stutters.

I currently run Drzewiecki Seattle Landmarks, ILLUMINATORS - TACOMA NIGHT LIGHT ENHANCED MSFS, and ORBX KTIW.  I have not noticed a reduction/increase in the amount of stutters with or without any of these mods.

I thought I'd give my 2 cents since this is my hometown and it's superstuttery (that's a word...I just made it up lol)