Sign in to follow this  
macpilot

Frustrated Trying To Save a long Flight To Finish Later

I have read several methods to save a long flight in progress so that I can come back and resume it at a later time. Am I wasting my time? Is this something that can't be done. I have tried to first pause the sim (P to pause and CTRL P to un pause key I have bound for this purpose) before saving. Tried saving as .FLT and .PLN file. Load the saved file then un paused sim. None of this works for me. The FMC does not have the flight plan loaded as it was when I saved it.

So can this be done?

Thank You.

Bill McCracken  

All of this information could be saved in the cloud then loaded again.

Open a thread in the wishlist subsection of the official forum, I will vote for it.

What aircraft?

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Weather conditions are often erased when I reload a save file. For some idiotic reason you cant change weather settings at all except in a brand new flight. Kinda defeats the purpose of saving a flight

The FMC losing the flight plan has been an ongoing issue since Day 1. I haven't flown in MSFS for a couple of months now, was just checking in to see what might have changed (improved) and it appears very little. Frankly I don't think this issue is very high on Asobo's to do list, if at all.