Sign in to follow this  
Agrajag

Broken Hangar Graphics

In game my graphics all seem okay, however, in the Hanger (including in the background behind the core menu boxes) the graphics are wrong. It's as if they're being presented in some odd stereoscopic/3D display and I'm missing the glasses.

For example, the step-ladder you can see several ghosted images of it in various colors as the image rotates. I also have clearly broken imagery as the CRJ is panned around where suddenly a cyan screen fills most of the screen and then proceeds to bleed from black downward for about 20 seconds before returning back to the distorted plane image.

Is anyone else seeing this, and is there a known fix?

hangar_glitch.png

Edited by Agrajag

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

That weird fringing effect on the edges of surfaces in the hangar was introduced in an update way back in Sept/Oct time I believe. It doesn't seem to present itself actually in the sim though.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Wow. They actually think this looks good? 

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

Yeah this is definitely old, and I can't believe it hasn't been fixed yet.  I can't believe this is intended.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

I've only noticed it because I'm a bit stuck waiting for the price of graphics cards to dip to reality and for the Wheel Stand Pro people to support my two Honeycomb products. Thus, I haven't used the sim much after a brief but of fun when it first shipped.

That chromatic aberration effect in the hangar has always existed, since the pre-Alpha days, but the 1.10.7.0 patch boosted it greatly. Thankfully, it can be disabled in the UserCfg.opt file, just follow this guide: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/heres-how-you-turn-off-post-processing-effects-chromatic-aberration-for-example/156237

Make sure your graphics preset in-game is set to Custom before applying the fix, to ensure the value is not reset.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

That chromatic aberration effect in the hangar has always existed, since the pre-Alpha days, but the 1.10.7.0 patch boosted it greatly. Thankfully, it can be disabled in the UserCfg.opt file, just follow this guide: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/heres-how-you-turn-off-post-processing-effects-chromatic-aberration-for-example/156237

Make sure your graphics preset in-game is set to Custom before applying the fix, to ensure the value is not reset.

Thanks. This is just what the doctor ordered....