Sign in to follow this  
versus

RL vs Sim comparison in Live Dev Q&A

Was so pleased to finally see some RL handling compared to sim. Unfortunately this was very short and inconsequential as we don't see any figures as to how much the controls were deflected. Moreover yoke movements appear to be dissimilar even with naked eye. Looks like the horizon line was the benchmark, and superficially should suggest some kind of synchronicity. I think with their resources they should do something more serious in proving the veracity of the flight model. Would be  nice to see the whole flight compared, where sim crunches RL data inputs and sim feedback to generate its digital counterpart. This one looks as much real as WU intros with false water masks.

Edited by versus

I have flown in real life quite a few hours and way more in sims. If I fly a sim aircraft  and it feels to me like a real aircraft, that is all I need. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

As long as you can't simulate accurate "force feedback" or call it artificial feel to your steering devices, there will never be a "feels like the real thing"...

Maybe in the future when we have input devices like steering wheels in racing games, simulating at least some forces we will have sort of a feeling.

6 minutes ago, onurair said:

As long as you can't simulate accurate "force feedback" or call it artificial feel to your steering devices, there will never be a "feels like the real thing"...

Agree and disagree with this comment.

Force feedback will undeniably be a step up in the realism factor.
That said, the rudder deflection required to stay on a runway during take off and landing, the roll rates and climb rates of an aircraft, the reduction of engine power at altitude, the effects of wind and turbulence on the airframe, inertia forces, are all just some of the areas that can make the difference from getting as close as possible to the feeling of 'the real thing'™ and the sensation of piloting a remote controlled aircraft.

Playing with the axis sensitivity sliders is not a solution. I have a high quality yoke and rudder pedals and I want to use them properly in MSFS, not have to use workarounds.
Yes, 3PD's add-on aircraft are going to behave better than the default and their introduction will help with chasing the realism feeling, but the flight modelling of MSFS in certain areas is noticeably off.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter